Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help identifying motormount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hontec
Can somebody please tell me if this is a Rich Johnson 914-6 mount?

IPB Image

I purchased this along with a bunch of oem 914 sheetmetal new old stock parts and I think this is a Rich Johnson mount, but i am not sure.

Can somebody also tell me if the chassis bracket part can be bought separately or do I have to make one myself?

Thanks for the help

Randall
PeeGreen 914
I believe this is simply a stock 6 mount. It is not a RJ Maddog or Patrick mount.

Should be able to buy the other parts to it from GPR wink.gif
Hontec
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 24 2011, 09:42 PM) *

I believe this is simply a stock 6 mount. It is not a RJ Maddog or Patrick mount.

Should be able to buy the other parts to it from GPR wink.gif

Thanks, that was what the seller said, but when I checked my oem workshop manuals and parts catalog, the -6 mount is a single cone that attaches to one rubber mount only and not to 2 mounts like this one.
So I am a bit confused

PeeGreen 914
Here are some pictures of a stock 6 mount for you beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
Here is the RJ and the Patrick mount. I like both equally for different reasons smile.gif
jt914-6
That does look like a Rich Johnson mount or a copy. Here's a couple of pics of my RJ mount bought straight from him.....I did own a factory six and it did have one bolt in the nose cone to mount the front of the engine....you are missing the part that goes on the firewall.....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Hontec
Thanks, that's exactly what the parts catalog showed.

Still remains: which is the one I bought?
Hontec
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 24 2011, 10:23 PM) *

That does look like a Rich Johnson mount or a copy. Here's a couple of pics of my RJ mount bought straight from him.....I did own a factory six and it did have one bolt in the nose cone to mount the front of the engine....you are missing the part that goes on the firewall.....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This looks awfully close, the maddog ones are to boxy, mine is rounded and looks like a stock 911 nosecone, only shorter "wings"

Looks a lot like yours in the pictures.

Does Rich Johnson have a site? or do you have an email or something?

thanks!

jt914-6
Try for an email address: a914guy@aol.com
John
That is NOT a factory 914-6 mount.

The stock 914-6 mount relied on a single bolt connection at the fan end of the engine as shown in at least one of the pictures posted.

It looks like a mount similar to the infamous Rich Johnson mount (let the record show that Rich Johnson was not the first one to come up with a mount like he has sold).
Hontec
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 24 2011, 10:31 PM) *

Try for an email address: a914guy@aol.com

Thank you very much!
PeeGreen 914
After second thought I think the others are right in that it is not stack. However, I am fairly confident it is not an RJ mount. Are the wings on that mount slots or are they made for the bolts to go through? I think this is what is throwing me off as they just look like slots to me.

I have never seen any pictures of the Velious mount. Maybe?
Eric_Shea
Are the wings on that mount slots or are they made for the bolts to go through?

You're looking at the backside of it.
Hontec
Had never heard of the Velios mount, but googled it and I'll be damned: it's 1 on 1

IPB Image
Loser_Cruiser
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 24 2011, 02:22 PM) *

Here is the RJ and the Patrick mount. I like both equally for different reasons smile.gif

Could you explain those reasons? smile.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Apr 24 2011, 08:14 PM) *

I'll give my Reasons;

RJ - Very Good Quality Product and a True 914 Guy

Patrick - It swivels ( you unbolt the Tranny Mounts and it pivots) which is important on Twin-Plug motors as other wise you can't get to the middle lower spark plug on the passenger side
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 24 2011, 05:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Apr 24 2011, 08:14 PM) *

I'll give my Reasons;

RJ - Very Good Quality Product and a True 914 Guy

Patrick - It swivels ( you unbolt the Tranny Mounts and it pivots) which is important on Twin-Plug motors as other wise you can't get to the middle lower spark plug on the passenger side

T.C. hit it on the head beerchug.gif
736conver
Randall,

I would just take the measurements from the engine mount piece and make fab up brackets for the body bracket. It doesnt have to be as intricate as the other ones. I made mine a two piece that was welded to the body.
Hontec
QUOTE(736conver @ Apr 25 2011, 03:33 PM) *

Randall,

I would just take the measurements from the engine mount piece and make fab up brackets for the body bracket. It doesnt have to be as intricate as the other ones. I made mine a two piece that was welded to the body.

Thanks, yeah that is my intention as well. Get 2 911 sport mounts and make my own..

Randall
Eric_Shea
Thanks, yeah that is my intention as well. Get 2 911 sport mounts and make my own..

Yeah but... you need to have welding and fabrication skills and, from what I've seen... poke.gif

(joking... want to make sure my crazy American humor isn't lost in the translation)
Hontec
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 26 2011, 05:42 PM) *

Yeah but... you need to have welding and fabrication skills and, from what I've seen... poke.gif

(joking... want to make sure my crazy American humor isn't lost in the translation)

biggrin.gif

Damn, I'd better ask my wife to weld it then........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.