Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal Caravan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Magic Mtn is good if you want to take 5, but a little odd to get back to the 101 from there, so here's that choice again. Very few miles difference, but 5 is a bit quicker. 5 is better for towing, or if you have A/C, as inland valley gets pretty warm.

101 is prettier, with runs along the ocean and thru the hills. If you want the 101 we're better off meeting here in Westlake. Both locations are on the 'other side' of rush hour traffic, so should be clear sailing from either in AM.
skline
You should all post when you place your vote so we can get an idea of who all wants to meet. I voted for Thursday AM Coast
VegasRacer
Thursday AM going up the coast. MDB2.gif
Howard
Thurs AM for me. Looks like we have 5 in that group already, so here 'tis. House of

IHOP Agoura Hills

9:14am has a nice ring, but I'm up for dawn patrol, too. Email me info@thehowardagency.com with cell phone #'s to coordinate last minute stuff.
lagunero
Thurs. P.M. Hopefully after traffic since I'd have to cross the L.A. area! Toast is the only one that I know of that is considering that same time. I heard some San Diego folks are also driving up but I haven't seen them post as of late.
lagunero
Taking the 5. Who is driving Friday A.M. ?
skline
IHOP? I love IHOP, and 9:14 sounds like a good time to meet, in case I get caught in traffic. We will be leaving about 4 or 5 so we should make it there in plenty of time. See you all up there.
JeffBowlsby
News Flash:

Keith Sammons has arranged to have brief limited access for the WCC group on the Laguna Seca Track. A friend of his has rented the track for the day and has graciously allowed us onto the track for a couple easy parade laps (photo ops) over their lunch break, without charge, but it has to be easy for them. We intend to adjust the Friday schedule to make it happen. Barring any further developments, we will begin the breakfast at the golf club at 8:00am, and leave there by 9:15am so that we can be at Laguna at about 11:30. That means arrivals should plan to be at the golf club NLT than 7:30 am to check in and get settled. There is no time to drag it out it is a solid 2:15 drive to Laguna from the golf club location.

The SoCal caravan may want to consider this in planning their arrivals, if you plan to arrive for the WCC on Friday AM. If the schedule is too brutal maybe consider skipping the breakfast in San Jose and just meet us at Laguna Seca?
skline
Jeff, We are planning on arriving on Thursday early afternoon. Is the event Thursday or Friday morning? We should be there by about 3 or 4 on Thursday if all goes well.
lagunero
Skline, it's Fri 7:30 am. I think Jeff is concerned with the Fri am drivers.
bernbomb914
I will try to make it thursday am. having trouble with the engine but it is ready to go in this week.

Bernie
JeffBowlsby
Arrivals on Thursday are excellent. We will have a brief meet and greet Thursday pm at the hotel. The breakfast, Monterey and Laguna are on Friday.

biggrin.gif cool.gif smile.gif
VegasRacer
Bowlsby edited the first post in his "Look who's attending the WCC" thread and now I don't know the names of all the SoCal, NV & AZ people who might be part of our caravan. headbang.gif

So far there are 5 of us who voted in this pole that they are planning on going up Thursday AM. Who are they??? Howard, Skline, Chris914N6, Me and confused24.gif
Who else might be able to join our little group? driving.gif MDB2.gif driving.gif MDB2.gif

Meet at IHOP around 8 (or earlier)? chowtime.gif
Hit the road at 9:14. burnout.gif
Sounds like a plan to me. beer3.gif <----- that's coffee.
SLITS
Thur nite to Fri Morn if all goes well - Hiway 1
Howard
Vegas, sounds good. I only live a few miles for IHOP so 8am is fine with me. Skline and Bernbomb, if you leave OC @ 5:30 or 6 you'll miss most of the traffic and be there in plenty of time. So that's 4, who is our 5th? Slits and Lagunero, knock off a day early and join us. Campbell, at least come to IHOP and have breakfast with us.

I am so ready for this!
skline
Well, I am almost ready, I am installing the rear hubs right now and going to assemble the rear brakes and stuff. I was hoping my dizzy would show up today but it didnt. Maybe tomorrow. The engine should be ready to go in by the weekend. With any luck, I will hear it fire up this weekend. Once that happens, I will be ready to work out the final details and test everything out. It is getting exciting.
lagunero
Howard, I'm working on it. Wife is all ready feeling left out and flying her in to frisco only to ignore her all weekend didn't sound good either! Toast is still thinking about Thurs PM and if Slits wants to join on thurs PM, I think I'll go this route.
skline
You may want to double check with Toast, going by what she said in another post, she may not be going at all. I would hope she would. It would be great to see her there.
Chris914n6
Actually I didn't vote... not too excited about leaving at 2am yet... huh.gif

IHOP @ 8 sounds good to me.

Yahoomaps says 300 miles and 4.5 hours. So add 1 15 min pee break/driver change and I'm good.
I'll be on 90->101 around 6:30-8:00. Hope that's not bad.

Chris
JeffBowlsby
Toast and Slits are both reportedly coming to the WCC for the Friday event anyway...
Jeff Bonanno
Hi all - i am teenerless and have to leave the jeep with the wife. anyone SoCal need a shotgun man Friday? could fly up but the drive would be better.

Jeff
GWN7
Jeff,

if you can't get a ride. I rented a car. Can pick you up if you fly in.
bernbomb914
Is there a chance that we could have breakfast in 1000 oaks? I come 210, 118, 23, 101, to miss the city traffic as I am comming from the east. (I 15) it is the best way to get around the Metro traffic.

Bernie
skline
Thousand Oaks is fine with me. Its just a little farther up the freeway. If it is more accomadating for Bernie, than I am for it.
Howard
Your wish, etc. Went to next IHOP west, Newbury Park. 101 exit Borchard Road. Breakfast 8ish, depart 9:14ish. Clothing optional.

IHOP
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Howard @ May 19 2004, 02:51 PM)
Your wish, etc. Went to next IHOP west, Newbury Park. 101 exit Borchard Road. Breakfast 8ish, depart 9:14ish. Clothing optional.

Ironic... I've eaten at that one. Chevron station next door, right?

Works for me. chowtime.gif

So far it looks like the only girl there will be mine... so clothing REQUIRED guys. ar15.gif barf.gif biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ May 19 2004, 04:40 PM)
So far it looks like the only girl there will be mine... so clothing REQUIRED guys. ar15.gif barf.gif biggrin.gif

A 914club hat is clothing, right?

1000 Oaks IHOP Thursday morning. aktion035.gif

Chris and I will have a mini caravan leaving Las Vegas @ 3 am.
bernbomb914
Thanks Guys I will be there. Vegas take the 210 west before you get to the 10 should be better going west

Bernie
VegasRacer
10-4 gud buddy. West bound and down on the duce and a dime.
(just practicing my radio chatter for the trip)

6 peeps voted for 101 am on thurs and 1 voted for I-5 on thurs am.
We have Howard, Bernbomb, Skline, Chris and me.
I count that as 5. Who else is gonna join us?
skline
Ok, its just over a week away, did we get a game plan to meet in Thousand Oaks? I have a couple of FRS radios I will be bringing along so if anyone else has some we can all communicate with them. Since Howard is up in the area and started this thread, we should all contact him directly and get this all worked out. We will be heading up around 5 AM from Long Beach. I may be pulling a trailer so that will slow me down a little but should still be up there by about 7:30 or 8:00.
Howard
Bump.

Will be in my office Tuesday AM. Would everyone planning to meet @ IHOP Thursday give me a call then @800.622.1602?

Would like to get cell #'s so we can check for any MIA's. I have a couple of those radios, too, but they sure don't seem to work that well.

Howard
VegasRacer
I just got off the phone with Rick 918-S.
He is comming thru Vegas and wants to join our caravan. rocking nana.gif
His only concern is our arrival time in San Jose.
His co-pilot needs to get to the S.F. airport by 5 pm.
Will we make it in time for him to catch his flight back home?
Howard
John, distance from IHOP to San Jose less than 350 miles. Mostly 70mph limit 4 lane (and we always observe the speed limit here). If we finish breakfast by 9am, lots of time.
VegasRacer
Great beerchug.gif
That means we get to see the alien before any of those Northen California wankers our gracious Northern California host. biggrin.gif

I'll give Rich the good news when I talk with him tomorrow.
BTW - he will be calling you (Howard) tomorrow also.

Now if we can talk Mike Zois (bunny ears and all) into joining us ......

Is it to late to arrange for the San Jose mayor to have a parade with marching bands and pom-pom girls to welcome us to town?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.