Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Azenis 615K
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Sawfish
Looking to see if these tires are noticably better thatn the old 615s.
Supposed to be but doing my due dillegence any comments would be useful.
yeahmag
I wouldn't bother. There are much better tires out there from what I've been seeing. I love my Kuhmo Ecsta XS way more than the older 615's. Then I went to slicks...

I thing the RE11 or the XS is the way to go for a street tire.
Sawfish
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Apr 26 2011, 10:32 PM) *

I wouldn't bother. There are much better tires out there from what I've been seeing. I love my Kuhmo Ecsta XS way more than the older 615's. Then I went to slicks...

I thing the RE11 or the XS is the way to go for a street tire.

No question there are better tires out there.
The reason I ask about these is because of the 200 treadwear rating. this will be a matter of points for me in the 2012 season. our new rules assign points for 199 or lower. If the new Azenis k are noticiably better it would have implications. Neither the XS or the RE11 meet these criteria
ConeDodger
As a rules point it makes perfect sense. I have no reference to the new Azenis but I have the old Azenis on my 240Z. They are basically new as I only drive the thing 20 miles or less a few times a year.

The old ones were amazing tires not because of performance. Even when they came out, they weren't the best. They were 'real good' and cheap...
yeahmag
Maybe the Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec. I've heard great things about them. Might be worth taking the points and giving up points on a different part of the car though. Tires are basically everything in autocross.
DanT
The Dunny Direzza star specs are wonderful street/AX tire.
I have run them in 4 events now and never finished below 4tH overall in our PAX points. First in class.
Good turn in, good lateral grip, good wear so far.
200WR, but probably closer to a 100DOTR in reality biggrin.gif
yeahmag
I'd really love to do a back to back on those against my DOT-R's. I just got a set of Hankook Ventus Z214 C71's to mount up for this season!
grantsfo
The 615K's and Star Specs are very close to each other. They are the two best 200 TW tires in my opinion.

If treadwear isnt not an issue there are faster tires. RE 11, Kuhmo XS,Yoko Advans, Hankook RS3, Toyo R1R are all faster on lightweight cars like the 914. But they are all under 200 TW.

ConeDodger
I'm curious as to what size you're planning on using. They come in 205.40X16 and 225.50X16... It would seem the 205.40 would be too low profile and 6 inch wheels too narrow while the 225.50 might rub on fenders.

Wait, maybe you're not using 16 inch Fuchs... blink.gif
Sawfish
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 28 2011, 05:05 PM) *

I'm curious as to what size you're planning on using. They come in 205.40X16 and 225.50X16... It would seem the 205.40 would be too low profile and 6 inch wheels too narrow while the 225.50 might rub on fenders.

Wait, maybe you're not using 16 inch Fuchs... blink.gif

205/50/15s
I have been running the Azenis RT615 for about a year. Still have plenty of tread left but getting near the end of the heat cycles.
I found a comparison on line but keep in mind this driver is employed by Falken so take it for what its worth.

http://blog.tylermcquarrie.com/?p=98

Would still love to hear from an unbiased reviewer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.