Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inner rocker panel repair - again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikea100
I'm repairing long and inner rocker panel - shocker.
dead horse.gif

I need a picture or mark up where to cut front door jamb. I think that I might get away w/o cutting front fender. I searched buch of threads, but they only show where to cut quarter panel, firewall, jack post area and nothing about front door jamb. I noiced that people leave top part of the orginal rocker panel and cut top piece off the new one to fit. I would like to replace the enire panel w/o butchering the new piece. Any help is greatly appreciated.
wingnut86
QUOTE(mikea100 @ Apr 25 2011, 01:11 AM) *

dead horse.gif

I need a picture or mark up where to cut front door jamb. I think that I might get away w/o cutting front fender. I searched buch of threads, but they only show where to cut quarter panel, firewall, jack post area and nothing about front door jamb. I noiced that people leave top part of the orginal rocker panel and cut top piece off the new one to fit. I would like to replace the enire panel w/o butchering the new piece. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Slight HiJack Mikea100,

Where did you get the door/frame bars and stiffeners for your rebuild?

Thx,

Wingnut

biggrin.gif

r_towle
IC your issue and there is no standard for this cut.
You need to get to the top of the long and its really going to depend upon how good you weld.

You need to move that lower bar to the inside and weld a plate on the inside of the long to get it out of the way, then take off the bottom of the door pillar and fix the long...

I would suggest you take alot of measurements priot to doing that cut so you can get the door pillar back in its proper place.

Rich
mikea100
Wingnut,
I built it myself. All materials were bought in Lowes. Door striker plate connects to both door hinges. I don't have any pics, but I can take some post them tomorrow, if you interested.
Mike

QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Apr 25 2011, 08:54 AM) *

Slight HiJack Mikea100,

Where did you get the door/frame bars and stiffeners for your rebuild?

Thx,

Wingnut

biggrin.gif

TargaToy
I cut my post pretty much like yours and then cut the long out maybe an in inch below the cut in the post. My long was solid in that area. Notched the NEW long carefully to match the cut of the old long. Took the section I cut out of the new long and cut a strip out of that about 2" wide. I drilled holes in what remained of the old long (under the post) and holes in the new long along the notch. Then, I plug welded the strip behind the notch to back up what would otherwise be a straight butt weld. I *think* I took some pics of this process. Would it help to see them if I can find them?
Cool914
QUOTE(mikea100 @ Apr 24 2011, 09:11 PM) *

dead horse.gif

I forget the post I got it off might of been off this site somewhere, I have been saving relevant pictures that show me the inners of the various areas. Maybe someone knows it.
Cool914
QUOTE(Cool914 @ Apr 25 2011, 08:54 PM) *

QUOTE(mikea100 @ Apr 24 2011, 09:11 PM) *

dead horse.gif

I forget the post I got it off might of been off this site somewhere, I have been saving relevant pictures that show me the inners of the various areas. Maybe someone knows it.

another
mikea100
QUOTE(Cool914 @ Apr 26 2011, 12:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Cool914 @ Apr 25 2011, 08:54 PM) *

another

Cool914,
Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was looking for.
Mike
914 shifter
keep up the good work mike. let me know if/when you would like me
to bring over the welder. welder.gif
timofly
QUOTE(mikea100 @ Apr 25 2011, 01:11 AM) *

dead horse.gif

Mike,

Great to see the progress. Where did those filthy dirty tires come from, anyway???? BTW, the beers were great. Let me know if/when you need a hand.

Tim

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.