Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mayfast 2011
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
I will be there on the grid working, JT914-6 will be driving, and Ron Mott will be there as Jt's pit crew of one. Anyone else coming? I urge all the Tulsa area folks to come out and enjoy the fun.
Tom_T
What's the date Curt? .... & where is Hallett?

I'm actually down in Sallisaw right now since Sat. & fly out Tues at 5, but may be back later in May if I end up driving my son's Honda up to his new post at Ft. Drum NY.

Hopefully a PCA OCR member can hang out there with the Okies! biggrin.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Its this weekend Tom. April 30 & May 1st. Heres a link to the track, which is in Hallett Ok.

http://www.hallettracing.net/

Here's a link to the Cimmaron region

http://cim.pca.org/default.asp

Come out if your here and can.
Tom_T
Thanx Curt.

Sheee-ooot! sad.gif Unfortunately I fly to Birmingham tomorrow at 5 pm, then to Kennesaw/Atlanta area this weekend, after our son's graduation from Infantry Basic/AIT at Ft. Benning/Columbus GA on Friday. I was hoping it might be later in the month if I came back through OK on the way to NY with his car. dry.gif

Do you folks still do the TaliMina Run? If so, when is that usually or this year?

I'll be back to NE-OK over Labor Day & maybe the weekend before &/or after it, and maybe in July - in addition to whenever the run to Ft. Drum NY might end up being, and maybe in Oct/Nov..

Have fun! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
TheCabinetmaker
Haven't heard if Clay and the TX guys are doing Talimena or not. I'm still wrenching on the 2056, so I'm out. Tom, there is something going on every weekend at Hallett. Check out the schedule for the summer. Comma weekends are fun. High speed touring rocks, and is cheaper per day than PCA DE, and you can take a passenger. CVAR races there two weekends a year also. Total blast!

BTW, MUSR will be in Eureka Springs in sept, or oct.
jt914-6
Yep Ron and I will be there....there are three other 914's entered too....don't think Talimana is going to happen this year due to Clay planning MUSR 12......going to be whooping up on the waterpumpers some more..... driving.gif

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 25 2011, 01:55 PM) *

Yep Ron and I will be there....there are three other 914's entered too...A&PGirl is supposed to show up too....(I've got her and Curt some Matchbox teeners).....going to be whooping up on the waterpumpers some more..... driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Dang it! I have tickets to go see another JT in concert that Saturday night in Wichita. Got great seats to see James Taylor.
TheCabinetmaker
James Taylor? Your showing your age. I saw him about a year ago. great show. Come down on Sunday. Its just two hours from you.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 25 2011, 02:37 PM) *

James Taylor? Your showing your age. I saw him about a year ago. great show. Come down on Sunday. Its just two hours from you.

I might do that. I am checking with my neighbor to see if he is going. He and some buddies rented Hallet about 2 weeks ago. He bought a new 2012 Cayman R in Dallas - trailered it to Hallet and put it on the track with 10 miles on it. Loaded back on the tralier later that day with 150 miles on it!

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 25 2011, 11:12 AM) *

Haven't heard if Clay and the TX guys are doing Talimena or not. I'm still wrenching on the 2056, so I'm out. Tom, there is something going on every weekend at Hallett. Check out the schedule for the summer. Comma weekends are fun. High speed touring rocks, and is cheaper per day than PCA DE, and you can take a passenger. CVAR races there two weekends a year also. Total blast!

BTW, MUSR will be in Eureka Springs in sept, or oct.

Thanx Curt!

I wonder how this KIA Forte rental car I have this time would do on that track! biggrin.gif

I'll keep an eye out for MUSR dates as it gets closer, but it might be tough if it's on the weekend I need to be down in Sallisaw for Saturday night. If it works out I'd be in a rental car in any case, so I'd need to shotgun in someones Teen.

I did those twisties by Eureka in the 88 Westy on the long route Little Rock to Tahlequah with my kids one year when they were middle schoolers - seems like eons ago now! blink.gif .... both grown & gone!
jt914-6
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 25 2011, 04:40 PM) *

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 25 2011, 02:37 PM) *

I might do that. I am checking with my neighbor to see if he is going. He and some buddies rented Hallet about 2 weeks ago. He bought a new 2012 Cayman R in Dallas - trailered it to Hallet and put it on the track with 10 miles on it. Loaded back on the tralier later that day with 150 miles on it!

Click to view attachment

Mike...there is a Cayman R entered...I suppose that's him...hope he comes, would like to see it on the track...With 140 track miles...he did about 82 laps..... driving.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 25 2011, 08:22 PM) *

Mike...there is a Cayman R entered...I suppose that's him...hope he comes, would like to see it on the track...With 140 track miles...he did about 82 laps..... driving.gif

JT,

I think it has to be him. The Cayman R is so new to the states (he reportedly has the first one or one of the first) and he goes to Hallett a lot. I will ask him this week.

He does drive it - that for sure. He had a Cayman before this new one and he AX'd it every chance he could and went to Hallett 3 or 4 times a year. His wife has even AX'd their Cayenne S!!
jt914-6
Mike....if his first name is Ken...then he's registered and confirmed.... biggrin.gif Will be good to see that machine lap the track.....hope you can show up too..... driving.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 26 2011, 04:13 PM) *

Mike....if his first name is Ken...then he's registered and confirmed.... biggrin.gif Will be good to see that machine lap the track.....hope you can show up too..... driving.gif

Yep - that's him!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 26 2011, 04:13 PM) *

I am thinking about coming to "spectate" on Sunday. I will bring the 914 and arrive about 8AM. Where is everyone meeting- at the JT914-6 pit? I might do the charity parade laps at lunchtime for MADD and then drive back to Kansas after that.

SUNDAY
8:30 Drivers meeting
9:00 am to 12:00 p.m. Run groups
12:00 p.m. Lunch
(MADD About Hallett parade laps)
1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Run groups

Look for the Wild Child....

Click to view attachment

jt914-6
WOW..... drooley.gif nice car Mike....Hope you do make it...I most likely will pit near the new garages....I can hi-jack their wi-fi.... type.gif I'll be between the new garages and "the Bitch"...look for dark blue Ford F-250 crew cab/24' white enclosed trailer....I'll bring some Matchbox to see if anyone needs some....
Kansas 914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 26 2011, 08:04 PM) *

WOW..... drooley.gif nice car Mike....Hope you do make it...I most likely will pit near the new garages....I can hi-jack their wi-fi.... type.gif I'll be between the new garages and "the Bitch"...look for dark blue Ford F-250 crew cab/24' white enclosed trailer....I'll bring some Matchbox to see if anyone needs some....

What color Matchbox cars are you bringing - I have a few of each color and can bring some too.

Cheers!
jt914-6
I've got all colors 'cept blue...and a few Lesney's...not a whole lot of orange ones...lots of the different green ones....
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 25 2011, 02:00 PM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 25 2011, 01:55 PM) *

Yep Ron and I will be there....there are three other 914's entered too...A&PGirl is supposed to show up too....(I've got her and Curt some Matchbox teeners).....going to be whooping up on the waterpumpers some more..... driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Dang it! I have tickets to go see another JT in concert that Saturday night in Wichita. Got great seats to see James Taylor.

I own about 12 cds and one of them is James Taylor. aktion035.gif
Kansas 914
UPDATE: Weather Forecast for Sunday morning is for rain in Wichita. It might change what I drive down to Hallett. I also have up to 4 people that have shown interest in driving down. One of my buddies might bring his 1992 Carrera 4 to do the Parade laps. He has driven it at Hallett in HST (High Speed Touring) several times in the past.

Look for this car and the Wild Child if weather holds out!

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
Anyone know about weather for Sunday am in the Tulsa area?

Morning rain is forecast here in Wichita.........
TheCabinetmaker

Last night the forcast was for 80% chance of heavy rain.
This from the KOTV website as of 3:00 today:

"The front may stall. Showers and storm chances now at 50%. Pockets of heavy rain may also be possible. "

Sounds like its getting better
Kansas 914
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 29 2011, 03:56 PM) *

Last night the forcast was for 80% chance of heavy rain.
This from the KOTV website as of 3:00 today:

"The front may stall. Showers and storm chances now at 50%. Pockets of heavy rain may also be possible. "

Sounds like its getting better

Thanks Curt - I will keep an eye on it - I am hoping for great weather for the whole weekend for you guys.

My buddy says his time at Hallett in the rain is only one second slower than his time in dry - not sure what that means..... biggrin.gif
jt914-6
Us Arkies are here.....Come on down Mike...rain/shine.... driving.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 29 2011, 06:49 PM) *

Us Arkies are here.....Come on down Mike...rain/shine.... driving.gif

You guys are tough!

We have 60 MPH headwinds here - bizzarre - I don't think I have the motor muscle to get there... smile.gif

I am still a maybe for Sunday - Have fun!
TheCabinetmaker
See ya in a couple hours JT.
jt914-6
Nice to put a face with a name Curt....thanks for coming out...now it's your turn Mike...here's a pic Ron (pcar916) took....I'm trying to lift the wheel in the Bitch....

Click to view attachment

and a pic of one a friend who just may be getting it off the track.....

Click to view attachment

Kansas 914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 30 2011, 10:03 PM) *

Nice to put a face with a name Curt....thanks for coming out...now it's your turn Mike...here's a pic Ron (pcar916) took....I'm trying to lift the wheel in the Bitch....

Click to view attachment

and a pic of one a friend who just may be getting it off the track.....

Click to view attachment

Very Nice - I am still a solid maybe. Will look at radar at 6am and decide then.
Kansas 914
Weather Update: Rain in OKC right now - headed Northeast. Looks to arrive Hallett in 90 minutes or so with more behind it. Some could be severe (I think that is what the RED means).

My 911 buddy has already bailed out.

Mission "Hallett Here I Come" is scrubbed for me.

I hope I am wrong and you all have a clear dry track - cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.