Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Putting a Whole Dash in
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Is there a Thread Detailing the entire Metal Dash Board (Not the Dash Pad & not the Gauge Pod) in a 914?

I've never put one in and of all the cars I've parts out, I've never pulled one out.

I'm interested in how many mounting points there are, size screws/bolts, etc

T.C.
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 25 2011, 08:10 AM) *

Is there a Thread Detailing the entire Metal Dash Board (Not the Dash Pad & not the Gauge Pod) in a 914?

I've never put one in and of all the cars I've parts out, I've never pulled one out.

I'm interested in how many mounting points there are, size screws/bolts, etc

Not sure if there's a complete thread but there's 3 or 4 nuts that hold the metal subframe that need to be removed from inside the front trunk. They are tucked away all the way up under the cowl area. You probably have to pull the gastank to get to them properly.

Took me a while to figure that out ... biggrin.gif
r_towle
T.C.
Stick it in.
Bolts on the side near the doors.
Bolts in the trunk become obvious.

Rich
Rob-O
IIRC, it's just 7 nuts/bolts.

4 nuts fit on the studs that will protrude through the cowl area. You get to those by removing gas tank, fresh air box and possibly wipers. Simple once that stuff is out of the way. Also, I believe there are two screws that are on the side of the dash that hold it to the body. If you pulled the knee pad and looked on the side of the dash you'll see them. The last one is under the dash holding the undersside of the dash in place. You can find that one by looking under the dash near where the radio and the ventilation controls are.

Of course you want to have the dash pad and the upper dash vinyl on BEFORE you install the dash back into the vehicle. Actually, you might want to put on the ventilation controls and the glove box on as well. So much easier to attach those pieces when the dash is off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.