Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New exhaust for a 74 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
livewire53

My 2.0L is in need of a new exhaust/muffler. The heat exchangers are fine, but the Bursch that came with the car is shot, sounds like straight headers
(IT'S TOO LOUD).
I'm looking at the dual exhaust by Triadwest.
Can anyone comment?

Thanks
wpm
Tom
I have had one for about 5 years and am happy with it. Some say it is too loud, I haven't noticed that it is. It is, however, a bit more throaty and sporty sounding. One guy at a breakfast event asked me if I had a 6. No, 2.0 4 cylinder. I also have SSEX's modified by Dave at Triad and my choked down 76 2.0 now runs a lot stronger. Hard to beat the quality of the product. It looks like it would last the life of the car!
Tom
fitzm1
QUOTE(Tom @ Apr 25 2011, 07:42 AM) *

I have had one for about 5 years and am happy with it. Some say it is too loud, I haven't noticed that it is. It is, however, a bit more throaty and sporty sounding. One guy at a breakfast event asked me if I had a 6. No, 2.0 4 cylinder. I also have SSEX's modified by Dave at Triad and my choked down 76 2.0 now runs a lot stronger. Hard to beat the quality of the product. It looks like it would last the life of the car!
Tom

agree.gif
r_towle
I have a bursh and I just bought a triad.
The bursch muffler does rot out fast.
I replaced my muffler (pretty easy to do) with a hush thrush muffler of the same exact size and shape I bought at AutoZone for 20 bucks.

That is a simple and valid option.
I bought the triad because its louder and more of a deep tone than the bursch...
If you want quiet....get a new muffler for the bursch or get a stock replacement OEM muffler.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.