Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh here we go !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
boogie_man
Hi guys, just joined your board and picked up a 72 resto project. Pictures coming soon!!! Been following your posts and other work in progress threads that were simply awesome. In So Cal, have 1982 911 SC as well. Will up date this very soon.......Thanks
Mikey914
QUOTE(boogie_man @ Apr 25 2011, 09:16 AM) *

Hi guys, just joined your board and picked up a 72 resto project. Pictures coming soon!!! Been following your posts and other work in progress threads that were simply awesome. In So Cal, have 1982 911 SC as well. Will up date this very soon.......Thanks

We are required by court order to inform you there is no successful 12 step program for the 914 additction

With that being said

Welcome
7TPorsh
welcome.png

Where in SoCal??

Got jack stands? You'll need them around here.
PanelBilly
Did you try seeing a doctor about your obsessions?
Tom_T
agree.gif av-943.gif

welcome.png
montoya 73 2.0

welcome.png

I see you already have the donor car "1982 911 SC" thumb3d.gif
rick 918-S
welcome.png
markb
welcome.png
campbellcj
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Apr 25 2011, 09:57 AM) *

I see you already have the donor car "1982 911 SC" thumb3d.gif

LOL, 3.0 and 5-lug conversion parts...check

welcome.png

Socalandy
Another Socal 914 welcome.png
914coop
welcome.png
sww914
Just so you know, it takes at least 7 years and at least 8 jackstands to restore a 914. Don't tell your wife yet. She will not understand unless she's an alien and then she will just pretend to understand so that you don't spot her as an alien life form.
SCV
welcome.png

Welcome to the madness. I've never had so much fun pouring time and money into a project car, and I've owned a more than a few. As stated above, seeking out a mental health professional, priest, or some such might be a good idea. slap.gif shades.gif
boogie_man
Hahahahaha, hey thaks for the warm welcome guys. Yes I'm in So Cal (Capistrano Beach) an am also a member of pelican. No way will I use the prestine 911 SC as a donor but have been thinking of a 6 conversion though. Slow build a 6 while driving it as a 4 for now. The 72 is that light yellow color in the jambs original with an a/c unit (yes the front floor pan is cut for condensor) as I'm not sure if I want to go back to the original yellow and car as I guess it depends on matching motor & trans #s ??? I will post some pix very soon to get opinions from you "experts"
jcambo7
welcome.png
Good luck with the new addiction.
914 shifter
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 25 2011, 08:21 AM) *

We are required by cout order to inform you there is no successful 12 step program for the 914 additction

With that being said

Welcome

step 1 admit you are powerless over your 914 av-943.gif
Eric_Shea
welcome.png
boogie_man
Now at shop !!! Go ahead guys "flame away" hehehehe sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
reharvey
Is your tetenus shot up to date? welcome.png
Rand
Awesome paint job! laugh.gif
I love it when guys do something fun like that before it's ready for real paint. Reminds me of McMark's graffiti car.

That exhaust tip has to go though. shades.gif biggrin.gif

welcome.png
Drums66
....Welcome to the world....catch a fire! flag.gif
bye1.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Kids, This is your brain on drugs! As Rick James once said "Cocaine is a hell of a drug"!

QUOTE(boogie_man @ Jul 1 2011, 10:48 AM) *

Now at shop !!! Go ahead guys "flame away" hehehehe sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

PanelBilly
Nice to have you job the fellowship.

So much for the greeting. What drugs were you taking when you picked out this car
Twise
Thats as good a place to start as any. Where is your shop and what do you do there? These cars are an addiction. Good luck with your project, and welcome...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 1 2011, 11:02 AM) *
That exhaust tip has to go though. shades.gif biggrin.gif

agree.gif

Other than that, i kinda like it! biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
OMG! That paint job is to die for.....seriously kill the guy who did that. I suspect the former owner suffered from weener envy with that giant exhaust pipe finisher.

Good luck and welcome to the madness.
AndyB
welcome.png
And I want to see the wing that was on there smile.gif
boogie_man
I'm a manager at a body shop so haha. Will update pix as I'm doing as I'm doing a makeshift "overhaulin" this 3 day weekend for your entertainment. Stripping it and starting the restoration right now !!!!! I will send up a pik of the wing (also flammed at the ends haha) Piece of cake boys hold tight, I got this...... beer.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Better hurry up and ask a stupid question so I can be rude to you. It's almost the weekend. Oh, BTW, we won't hold the Bird against you, as long as you understand the whole site is one gigantic joke. People can recover, and have.

The Cap'n
KELTY360
Oh no! Don't strip that paint. I think it's a one off Von Dutch LE. aktion035.gif
eric9144
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 1 2011, 04:41 PM) *

Oh no! Don't strip that paint. I think it's a one off Von Dutch LE. aktion035.gif

agree.gif A little clear coat and she's good to go! drunk.gif

Can't wait to see the transformation--what color are you going with?
boogie_man
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 1 2011, 04:41 PM) *

Lol I was going to clear out the flames, I think it's sunflower yellow, will update with paint code very soon, might stay with original color. Gonna "push" it inside here very soon, watch this thread HERE WE GO cheer.gif aktion035.gif smash.gif w00t.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(boogie_man @ Apr 25 2011, 11:16 AM) *

What is the vin number? Have you added it to the data base. Pretty sure you have a '73 there and not a '72. confused24.gif

Shoe

welcome.png
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 1 2011, 04:38 PM) *

Better hurry up and ask a stupid question so I can be rude to you. It's almost the weekend. Oh, BTW, we won't hold the Bird against you, as long as you understand the whole site is one gigantic joke. People can recover, and have.

The Cap'n

Ask him about adding after market fog (driving) lights! screwy.gif

Come on, I double dog dare you?! poke.gif
Haudiosolutions
this should be fun. love the paint! I'd never keep it but I'd be friends with someone who had it hehehe beerchug.gif
Haudiosolutions
this should be fun. love the paint! I'd never keep it but I'd be friends with someone who had it hehehe beerchug.gif
SLITS
Leave it as is smoke.gif and put an ass-stompin 6 in it .... no one will laugh then.

av-943.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 2 2011, 10:42 AM) *

Leave it as is smoke.gif and put an ass-stompin 6 in it .... no one will laugh then.

av-943.gif

agree.gif
jaxdream
QUOTE(boogie_man @ Jul 1 2011, 09:48 AM) *

That's one of them Von Dutch SE's ( Special Edition ) !!!!!!!! piratenanner.gif

Jack
eric9144
*crickets* blink.gif
jonferns
popcorn[1].gif
boogie_man
Oh man am I tired whew.......

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

ENJOY !!!!! Oh yeah any locals are more than welcome to come help ! bye1.gif

Anyone need an A/C unit ????
eric9144
poke.gif

*crickets*

Any new progress? Curious 914 minds want to know...
boogie_man
Yes, have now pretty much stripped to metal with etch primer and some rust fixed

no bodywork has started yet. Still chipping away at it and will update pix very soon.... poke.gif
PanelBilly
I don't think I ever added my "hello"

Have you fixed the problems under the body already. If your converting it to a six, there's lots to do before you paint
boogie_man
There's a crazy member on this board "pushing" me to the six conversion.

My plan was to finish it as a running 4, slow build the six then install..
Whatever could you mean there's a lot of work to do? av-943.gif

MORE PIX COMING SOON..... bootyshake.gif
boogie_man
R door in rough, R quarter in rough. Onto rear deck lid and rear body repair
and fitting..I do really like the 18 gage metal as it shapes and forms very nice compared to other cars we work on day to day. Lots of blocking/beating & primering must stay motivated piratenanner.gif Will be pulling motor out soon as I was told by the PO it hasn't been run in 4-5 years..hmmmm what to do with that...

Anyone know where I can get those emission lines that run down the l/rocker from
fuel tank to engine bay ????

socalstuttgart
Love the blue plate! I would start there and build a car around it. 914's may suck your wallet but they pay it back on the road exponentially.
ConeDodger
Wow! Does McMark know you stole his car and got rid of the paint job? lol-2.gif
boogie_man
ONE YEAR UPDATE : Hey guys, thought I'd update this thread as it's already been
1year since the start of this mess. It's getting very close sans the additonal stuff we keep finding "underneath" it all. But at this point, it's in the test fit final touches
stage before heavy blocking/priming stage. Thinking to stay with L13M but will add
a slight pearl to it. All input is welcome :

From this:

IPB Image

IPB Image

To This :

IPB Image

IPB Image

The in between:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks Ron !! Fit like a glove

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks !!! It's been a looooong road so far........

Scott

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.