Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT, Porsche content. Boxster question.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hot_shoe914
Okay you Boxster people, I have a buddy who owns a 2001 Boxster S and needs to know the exact location of the manual release for the front trunk. He has seached inside the fender wells with no luck. Does anyone know on a 2001. I am told they are on different locations on different years.

Thanks in advance,
Shoe
r_towle
I thought drivers side, inner fender, up near the headlight...really hard to see.
Tell him he can use a jump box via the cig lighter to get enough voltage in the battery....takes about 30 minutes to get enough juice to open it with the elec latch.

BTDT

rich
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 25 2011, 09:53 PM) *

I thought drivers side, inner fender, up near the headlight...really hard to see.
Tell him he can use a jump box via the cig lighter to get enough voltage in the battery....takes about 30 minutes to get enough juice to open it with the elec latch.

BTDT

rich

Thanks Rich
hot_shoe914
Anybody else?
dw914er
I found this on 986faq.com

"Inside the top of the driver's front wheel well, just aft of the spring coil mount, is a little rectangular corner in the black plastic shroud that lines the inside of the wheel well. Reach under this, and you will feel a "wire" about 1/8" in diameter. Too thick for an electrical wire (and not in a harness anyway).
Now tug this cable gently out from behind the shroud and get a good grip on a loop of it. Now pull hard away from the headlight once, and prepare to hear the music of the alarm as the front hood pops open. Grab a 10mm wrench and take off one of the battery cables to silence this thing until you can get your key in the ignition and disarm the thing.
"

I've personally have ran a connection to I think what was the c3 fuse and a ground (as well as the cig lighter method) when the batteries would die on my old dealership's boxsters. The owners manual should suggest something, I think. I just remember that it was a stupid design though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.