Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remember the Bumblebee Racer? AKA The Submarine?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
I found this in the classifieds...

New owner looking for parts to bring her back to original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLksZTen2Tw
RFoulds
Great looking car. What front fascia is that? And how did it end up in Norway? Did you sell through eBay?
J P Stein
Sure, I remember.....I've had my hot little hands on it. biggrin.gif
Back to an original 4 pooper? He'd be unique. rolleyes.gif

The fella that originally built it (before the flood)...or had it done....spent years modifying it.

BTW, an incredibly boring video.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Apr 26 2011, 07:24 AM) *

Great looking car. What front fascia is that? And how did it end up in Norway? Did you sell through eBay?

If I recall correctly, that is called a Group 5 IMSA front end. I placed an ad here and the guy responded. He buys and sells cars often as I recall and he bought a Ferrari at the same time from my neighborhood. He arranged for truck to New Jersey and ship to Norway... Last I heard, he called me very early one morning to say he was having trouble getting the door unlocked after it arrived in Norway. I had never locked the door!!! blink.gif So I wasn't much help...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 26 2011, 07:29 AM) *

Sure, I remember.....I've had my hot little hands on it. biggrin.gif
Back to an original 4 pooper? He'd be unique. rolleyes.gif

The fella that originally built it (before the flood)...or had it done....spent years modifying it.

BTW, an incredibly boring video.

JP, I think the video was more about testing the GoPro camera then showcasing the Bumblebee...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.