Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Death of 4742921379
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hasaramat
It sacrificed its life so others could live. Not sure where to post dead cars for the database.
Click to view attachment
Jeffs9146
Still has bumpers???????????????????? WTF.gif
r_towle
beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer.gif
boogie_man
Not to mention fenders too that I need. Arrrrgg hissyfit.gif
jcambo7
WTF.gif It looks like it has a lot of parts still to give?
hasaramat
I promise every part left on it was rusted, bent, broken, or otherwise in bad shape. If the guy had picked it up any other way it would have fallen broken in half. It was a very very rusted car. Hey we got a whole $64.50 for the metal. Now I can retire!
jcambo7
QUOTE(hasaramat @ Apr 26 2011, 12:27 PM) *

I promise every part left on it was rusted, bent, broken, or otherwise in bad shape. If the guy had picked it up any other way it would have fallen broken in half. It was a very very rusted car. Hey we got a whole $64.50 for the metal. Now I can retire!

Oh well...I hate seeing the condition they have turned into now at times... icon8.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(hasaramat @ Apr 26 2011, 09:49 AM) *
It sacrificed its life so others could live. Not sure where to post dead cars for the database.

It's already in the database. I marked it "dead" ...

Interestingly enough, the official range of VINs for '74 is:

4742900001 – 4742921370

which puts this car a good 9 cars after the last official VIN for that year.
idea.gif
hasaramat
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 26 2011, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE(hasaramat @ Apr 26 2011, 09:49 AM) *

It's already in the database. I marked it "dead" ...

Interestingly enough, the official range of VINs for '74 is:

4742900001 – 4742921370

which puts this car a good 9 cars after the last official VIN for that year.
idea.gif

SirAndy, funny you should say that about the VIN because it had some characteristics of a 75. The most noticable was the small tank on top of the gas tank was plastic not metal which is a 75-76 car. But it definently had 74 bumpers and the vin sticker in the door was still there and it said 74. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.