Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center Seatbelt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LotusJoe
I see from the parts catalog that there was a center seatbelt option (part number 914.803.025.10) on the early cars. Has anyone ever seen this option installed and is there a source where they might still be available? confused24.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Apr 26 2011, 10:52 AM) *

I see from the parts catalog that there was a center seatbelt option (part number 914.803.025.10) on the early cars. Has anyone ever seen this option installed and is there a source where they might still be available? confused24.gif

I saw one 2 weeks ago on a 71 I went and looked at, first time for me, after I left I realized I should have checked it out closer...
SirAndy
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Apr 26 2011, 11:52 AM) *

As far as i know they have been NLA for a long time. I've seen them a few times installed.

Your best bet would be someone like Rich at HPH with a humongous parts stash.
shades.gif
dflesburg
Both our 1970 cars have them.

The belt is the same length as an older 911 rear seat belt.

Only the tag is different.

If you care what part number on the tag is then pay me $5000 and I will sell you one of mine and put a 911 rear belt in my car... LOL. (I doubt mine has a 914 part number anyway)... just find an old 911 rear belt.

mepstein
Using just a lap belt is unsafe - Might have been used in the past but now we know better and your friends and family deserve better. Be safe smile.gif Mark
Kansas 914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 26 2011, 03:13 PM) *

Using just a lap belt is unsafe - Might have been used in the past but now we know better and your friends and family deserve better. Be safe smile.gif Mark

My early '72 has Seat Positions: 2 + 1 on the expansion tank label but didn't have a center seatbelt.

Photo from Jeff Bowlsby's site:

Click to view attachment
ELLIOTT
can we get a picture of this option ?
SirAndy
QUOTE(ELLIOTT @ Apr 26 2011, 03:09 PM) *

Don't have a installed pic, but here's one of the belts from Jeff Bowlsby's website:

IPB Image
LotusJoe
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 26 2011, 03:46 PM) *

QUOTE(ELLIOTT @ Apr 26 2011, 03:09 PM) *

Don't have a installed pic, but here's one of the belts from Jeff Bowlsby's website:

IPB Image

I'm guessing you would use the sames mounting holes as the other belts confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Apr 26 2011, 04:25 PM) *
I'm guessing you would use the sames mounting holes as the other belts confused24.gif

Nope. Early cars have extra mounting holes for the center seat belts.

shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 26 2011, 04:34 PM) *

shades.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
Mike Bellis
Wow. I have a set of those, or two, I think. They are 911 rear belts. I was going to put them in my 69 911 but sold the car. PM me if you want some...
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 26 2011, 03:38 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 26 2011, 04:34 PM) *

shades.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

Well son of B@#$# I'm going to go out to the garage and pull the carpet up on my 70 and see if it has these. I don't remember seeing them when I redid the carpet.
nolift914
I have a 70 with a 69 production date, I have the early manually adjustable (non retractable) center belt. I will post a pic tomorrow
SirAndy
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 26 2011, 05:36 PM) *
Well son of B@#$# I'm going to go out to the garage and pull the carpet up on my 70 and see if it has these. I don't remember seeing them when I redid the carpet.

They come from the factory with a black plastic bolt/cap that fits a hex screwdriver to cover the holes.

bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.