Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA-GGR Time Trial Ground School
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Hi Folks,

There is a 2 day PCA-GGR Time Trial coming up on the July 4th weekend at Buttonwillow Raceway in Bakersfield. If you've never driven on the track but would like to try it out, you need to attend a ground school before sending in your Time Trial application.

The next ground school is on Saturday June 19th at Paradise Pizza in Fremont, CA.

The information link is here:

PCA-GGR Time Trial Ground School

The class usually goes from 10am to 4pm and is FREE. Pizza and soda are included.

The contact is Gary Dorighi. gdorighi@comcast.net

I hope this is interesting to some of you.

Thanks,

Bill P.
SirAndy
yeah, went to the ground school in fremont last year. fighting19.gif

i guess i just have to go AGAIN and hope someone is paying attention this time.
thank you for nothing Mr. Watts (oh, wait, he gave me HIS book for free!)

[/rant over]

Andy
nine14cats
Hi Andy,

To tell yo the truth, I never got anything back in paper form from the school either. I just called up the instructor (Hank at the time) and he said Doris and I were good to go on the GGR spreadsheet. You may want to e-mail Gary and see if you indeed show up on a document they have. Then you wouldn't have to sit through it again.

If you do, I believe Birgit needs someone to sit with...maybe you could go together?

Are you planning on going to Buttonwillow?

Bill P.
SirAndy
QUOTE(nine14cats @ May 18 2004, 03:30 PM)
To tell yo the truth, I never got anything back in paper form from the school either.  I just called up the instructor (Hank at the time) and he said Doris and I were good to go on the GGR spreadsheet.  You may want to e-mail Gary and see if you indeed show up on a document they have.  Then you wouldn't have to sit through it again.

interesting. i'll shoot him (them) an email ...

If you do, I believe Birgit needs someone to sit with...maybe you could go together?

did i say i went there already last year?
no, what i meant was i HAVE to go there this year and if it happens that birgit needs someone to hold her hand, well ... smlove2.gif

laugh.gif

Are you planning on going to Buttonwillow?

well, i have to get started with TT, so this would be a good chance ...

Andy
seanery
Bill,
what configuration are you running at BW?
Trekkor
Sounds like a good time. I don't have my PCA # yet.
They require that at registration. I hope I get it in time unsure.gif
nine14cats
Sean,

We'll be running in the clockwise direction this time. It seems to be the faster of the two directions.

Trekkor,

You should be able to e-mail the national person to get your number. The car usually shows up within 6 weeks. When did you apply?

Bill P.
Trekkor
Bill, I put my app in at Marina last month.
Also e'd the "people " at PCA.

See what happens. I like driving fast. As long as I don't spin out. wink.gif
Brad Roberts
BUMP.. get this done..

I'll attend the ground school also and blast them with technical questions.

B
nine14cats
BUMP....Who's going?
SirAndy
i will. can't hurt to freshen up on the topic, right?

driving.gif Andy
grantsfo
I might just do this. I am looking at roll cage options for my car this month. I'm so tall I need to have a special removalble bar made if I want to keep my car for both track and street. Tony C is looking into options for me. He was thinking of drawing something and then getting approval from PCA and POC on design.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.