Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got Scales?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
Finally finished my delrin/coil over install on the rear of the car and am ready to set the ride height and do some corner balancing. Anybody even remotely near Pasadena, CA have scales and want to help a brother out? Good beer and bad jokes included!

-Aaron
McMark
I've done it with 8 cheap bathroom scales. I think it cost about $40 overall.
yeahmag
Nice! How did you set that up? 2 per wheel and then a board or something spanning them?
McMark
Yup.
yeahmag
Sounds like I need to make a Walmart run!
Andyrew
2 per wheel and a board spanning them is a pretty nifty idea...
jjackson
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 26 2011, 07:06 PM) *

2 per wheel and a board spanning them is a pretty nifty idea...

Remember that with these bushings you will have to "settle" suspension by rolling car and compressing suspension after adjustment and before reweighing.Just a tip.If you don't do this after every adjustment, the smaal changes will not show up and you will get false readings.JJackson
Andyrew
Yup, That has always been a concern of mine with bathroom scales. Jack the car up get the scales under and the weight balance is probably off what it normally rolls at.

My particular car is not effected by this as it has roller bearings instead of bushings.
r_towle
2*8 planks between the scales and some in front at the same height as the board on top of the scale and you can roll the car back and forth...then back onto the scales.

Rich
jjackson
agree.gif That will do it.JJackson
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 26 2011, 08:56 PM) *

2*8 planks between the scales and some in front at the same height as the board on top of the scale and you can roll the car back and forth...then back onto the scales.

Rich

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.