Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grasshopper spotted?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PatW
Just tooling around last Sunday and spotted this...thought it might be the elusive Grasshopper 914 that might exist..
PatW
Click to view attachment
McMark
OMG! It looks like a toy! av-943.gif

I wub.gif 914s.
flipb
I like it!

Noticed that the painted wheels are Pedrinis, not Mahles... so it's probably a completely home-made LE look-alike.

poorsche914
Those two colors together make my eyes hurt blink.gif

driving.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Wrong wheels, wrong color, wrong size. Photoshop.
Ferg
I dig it! smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 27 2011, 08:14 AM) *
Wrong wheels, wrong color, wrong size.

You forgot "wrong bumpers" ... shades.gif
laflaur
not a photoshop.
I see that car in and around Rocklin all the time, it looks pretty good in person.
It looks like someone has the 914 set up how they want it.
watsonrx13
Also lower targa trim and no black on the other targa trim... Very nicely done though... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
biosurfer1
I saw that car in Loomis a couple weeks ago in a church parking lot, looks like the same spot actually...interesting pick of colors for sure.
scotty b
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 27 2011, 03:42 PM) *

interesting pick of colors for sure.

icon8.gif Is it just me or did they paint over the sail vinyl blink.gif Not crazy about the color combo, or the 3 different shades of yellow. Sail trim needs to be red mon smoke.gif
nsr-jamie
are there no known grasshoppers? I have seen a creamsicle and bumble bee in Japan but not a grasshopper...surely somebody on the planet ordered this option?
SirAndy
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Apr 28 2011, 04:22 AM) *
are there no known grasshoppers? I have seen a creamsicle and bumble bee in Japan but not a grasshopper...surely somebody on the planet ordered this option?

The factory has since retracted the statement that it even existed. They now claim there never was a grasshopper.

However, some of the early Porsche brochures and posters from '74 list white/green as an option.

And some of the dinosaurs around here swear they've seen one or two back in the day.

So who knows, maybe one day one will show up.
popcorn[1].gif
JeffBowlsby
Jamie, if you've seen some LE's in Japan, it would be great to know more about them - VIN's photos owner contacts...I know of one CS there, but no BB's

White/green LE's are a fantasy, they could have only been owner/dealer created. See the info on the Personal Porsche program on my Can Am website for details.

There were no brochures/posters or any official literature mentioning the white/green cars - only a couple of published hearsay stories by uninformed authors that republished misinformation. We only have a factory poster and a P-A dealership newsletter that describe the LE cars - both only mention the black/yellow and white/orange combinations.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 28 2011, 10:27 AM) *

QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Apr 28 2011, 04:22 AM) *

The factory has since retracted the statement that it even existed. They now claim there never was a grasshopper.y

However, some of the early Porsche brochures and posters from '74 list white/green as an option.

And some of the dinosaurs around here swear they've seen one or two back in the day.

So who knows, maybe one day one will show up.
popcorn[1].gif

biosurfer1
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 28 2011, 09:37 PM) *

There were no brochures/posters or any official literature mentioning the white/green cars - only a couple of published hearsay stories by uninformed authors that republished misinformation. We only have a factory poster and a P-A dealership newsletter that describe the LE cars - both only mention the black/yellow and white/orange combinations.

What about the Porsche marketing letter clipping you have on the front page of your site, doesn't that say there was a white/green trim available?
JeffBowlsby
The PML is one of the misinformation articles...
biosurfer1
ah, that makes more sense.

I'm surprised at how little info Porsche has about a seemingly special car. It seems like most of the COA's have a ton of missing info that wouldn't have been hard to keep track of.

I guess since this was before widespread computer use that hand written records weren't the most reliable
messix
green vinyl on the sails??

i wouldn't what to have drank too much the night before and have to go out to that car in the morning icon8.gif
messix
not grasshopper but lemon-lime!!!
moparrob
Man, I have not seen young grasshopper for over 35 years....

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.