Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brians914
I decided to take a drive last night and when I came back from a friends it was dark. I got 1/2 way home and my headlights started flashing from low to high beam. The low beam on the driver side went out also. I was able to slow this down by holding the lever but it would still do it. The county policeman pulled me over and I explained the problem and he then led the way home for me, nice guy. Does anyone know why this is? Is it the turn signal switch or what?

Thank, Brian
mike_the_man
I have no experience with this, but it sounds like something is loose. It might be worth pulling the column apart and having a look to see if anything is jiggling around. I would start with the switch, and work from there.
brians914
I will give that a try, thanks Mike.
cha914
Sounds like your relay is going out. There should be a silver (both mine were silver) relay around your fuse pannel that controls the high/low beam switching. Mine went out a while back and I lost my high beams, pulled the one out of the parts car and the problem was fixed.

Good luck,

Tony
brians914
Thanks Tony, I"ll try that before I take the wheel off. I think I know what switch your talking about.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.