Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long Block on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
There is a company on ebay selling a re-manufactured 2056 long black for $2,225. Has anyone dealt with importmotors.com before? Also what will I need to take off my old engine to complete this Long block to run?

Last the core charge would be $300, would it cost more to ship it back then the core is worth, they are in Southern Cali, I am in NY.
mepstein
I don't think they have such a great rep. Maybe find someone more local that can do a proper rebuild.
rhcb914
First off I don't have any experience with import motors. They may be a reputable company.

BUT, I would be a bit concerned that the price of the motor is less than the retail cost of parts to rebuild a motor properly. Price out the parts to build your own motor. I did LOW budget rebuild last winter and spent more than that for parts alone. Also I am CHEAP! smile.gif

I don't see how they could turn a profit for a quality build. I would do some serious research and check references.
Black22
agree.gif I'm down the street from them. From what I've read on this forum, search their name, I would not buy from them and I can drop it off in their driveway if I'm not satisfied. I'd be even more cautious if I had to ship it to NY.
Tom_T
Many other posters on here have gotten the same info - stay away.

Just use the search function on here for them & you'll get more than you want! dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.