Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do we have any members in the tornado areas?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Do we have any members that could have been in the path of those terrible storms down south? If so, everyone ok - or more importantly - does any one need anything?

Brutal deal down there. Hope everyone is ok....
jt914-6
Tornado fairly close to me Mon. night, but no damage here....The Memphis boys are ok....not sure about the 'bama boys though....Thanks for the thoughts..... aktion035.gif
d914
missed Kennesaw, passed about 20 miles north..
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif unsure.gif If this keeps up I'm going to be down there working. unsure.gif
clow
We have the warning in Eastern Ontario here. Running off of generator right now. The house is on a natural spring so the sump pump needs to be almost constantly run. At least there is no rain for now. It looks like its coming though. Lots of roads closed due to falling trees. Looks like I am hooking up work lights to work on the teener tonight sunglasses.gif
IronHillRestorations
I lost count of the severe t storm warnings and tornado warnings. Glad we have a "bomb shelter"! No problems here, but we had about 4" of rain, and lots of heavy winds. There's a little two culvert bridge on our road that got washed out, but it's fixed now.

Trees down, lots of debris, but could be worse. We are in a very funky weather pattern right now. Every week for the past month we get two or more days of bad weather, high winds & heavy rain.
mrgjones
QUOTE(clow @ Apr 28 2011, 12:25 PM) *

We have the warning in Eastern Ontario here. Running off of generator right now. The house is on a natural spring so the sump pump needs to be almost constantly run. At least there is no rain for now. It looks like its coming though. Lots of roads closed due to falling trees. Looks like I am hooking up work lights to work on the teener tonight sunglasses.gif

Priorities: Check. beer.gif
TJB/914
In my business I have a plant in Ringgold GA that I do business with (Munroe Inc.) and the twister missed their plant by 200 yds. All our people are safe and accounted for. The plant is OK, but no power and all land phones are out. They just got their cell phones working and it will probally be awhile before power is restored. I should have some photo's in a few days, it's really bad.
BTW: I wonder if Jake Raby is OK, his place is nearby, I think??

Tom
ripper911
Went north of me, I slept right through everything.
The 914 was safe down by the airport.
pcar916
Thanks for the offer!!! One broken tree but not on the house... and the 914 is ok so we're good!
ConeDodger
Jake's got sirens all around him almost constantly... edit: had.
Rusty
The weather is good today, so that's fortunate. People would be freezing in their homes if this was December. If stores were open, they had some food as of early this morning. Customers were polite when the doors opened at 7, and snippy by 730. I got a few nice-to-have munchies and split.

I went out site-seeing at 5;30am. Gas in Huntsville and Athens was gone, but they got a few stations working since then - according to the radio. I filled up yesterday on the way home. Propane is short as well. One tornado was within a km of my house. Downed branches and a tree for me, nothing more serious. One Paki gas station owner on County Line road got a lightning strike that blew apart his concrete near the pumps. He said he had 20k gallons of gas that he won't be able to pump for weeks until everything gets fixed. Kinda f'd up, cause he's a nice guy. sad.gif

Am typing on my BB. Using my solar USB charger. On the hand-crank radio, I heard that the county is setting up food distribution points for those without. Wasn't impressed with some of the mayor's comments this morning about people being able to get "your supplies". The helpless, but entitled, mentality pisses me off. I hope they charge for supplies.

Went to check on my elderly neighbors and they were all packed up to go help other people. smile.gif. The lady across the street with three kids under 4 didn't have enough bread and was freaking out because her husbands flight from ATL got cancelled.

Been laying low... cooking on the grill... doing manual chores and catching up on reading. Concealed carry during the day, AR ready at night. I predicted looters yesterday and I was right. Curfews started in Athens and then to all of Madison County - dusk till dawn. They project no power for 4-5 days.

Sorry for spelling errors and stream on consciousness writing.

ETA: the lady with kids got bread... I had a feeling at the grocery this morning and picked up two loaves of white bread (that I don't even eat).
J P Stein
I hope there are many in the area just like you, Rusty.
scotty b
round # 8 or 9 or 15 just started here again. We had 13 tornados touch down around here last night and have warnings again tonight. From what I have heard ( haven't seen any news since this morn ) there wasn't much damage,but Gloucester, which is about 20 miles away, made the weather channel yesterday midday due to the hammering they were getting. blink.gif Tornadoes are pretty rare around here so that many in one day is a big event for us, hurricanes on the other hand are s.o.p. dry.gif
914four
Many friends and coworkers lost family members and homes here in Birmingham. Fortunately my family and homes are safe. Even our daughter at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa was safely one block away from the devastation there. The university has canceled finals and the graduation ceremony scheduled for next week. Tuscaloosa is trying to get all of the students out of the city in an effort to reduce the stress on the recovery efforts.
Tom_T
QUOTE(d914 @ Apr 28 2011, 09:59 AM) *

missed Kennesaw, passed about 20 miles north..

Greg, I'm in Kennesaw now thru Mon. & will be at the Caffene & Octane + PCA shows in Alpharetta tomorrow (Sun). I'll wear my Navy Blue 914 "Comin-n-Goin" T-shirt from Johannes on here, if you see us walking around there, say Hi. - Tom

I was in that same frontal system 3x on this trip - in Sallisaw OK on Sat - Mon, then flying into Birmingham from Tulsa/Dallas on Tues., then driving right trough it from Kennesaw down southwest to Columbus GA/Ft. Benning on Wed. night. My wife & I had to stop for a bit under an overpass to let the tornado/super cell south of us cross I-185 on that leg.

Sounds like Tuscaloosa AL was hit hardest - or at least the highest deaths/injuries.
pilothyer
Hi Ya Scott, I live in North Alabama, My power went out around 2:15 Wed. afternoon as I was watching the warnings......Just got power restored today ( Sunday) about Noon........All is well here but for many a lot more was lost than power, some lost everything, some lost lives.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.