Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear window advertisments
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave Cawdrey
I've seen cars/buses with ads covering the windows. How bout just the window? Dont laugh, too much.
I did a search, to no avail... Whats it called? Where to look?
Brad Roberts
Cool pic.

That is Rick Demans 3.6 powered 9146 conversion car. Nice fast YELLOW car.

B
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 15 2003, 09:55 PM)
Cool pic.

That is Rick Demans 3.6 powered 9146 conversion car. Nice fast YELLOW car.

B

What about the idea? Doh doh head...
Bleyseng
Dave, nice job! That would be cool to have a see-thru back window decal, probably cost $$.
Geoff
Brad Roberts
I have a place 2 blocks from SSI that does a whole bunch of buses with the see thru crap. We used to do .com ads on bus windows. I can make it happen. The owner of the place is a BMW guy...

B
Bleyseng
Does it cost much? Could be waay cool at the track.
Geoff
Brad Roberts
I dont know. I can take him a back glass and see what he says... maybe we can have one done for Dave for his car.

B
Dave Cawdrey
My glass is out now. Thats why I was wondering. What kind of category (yellow pages) does that business fall under? Gotta be one around here. If not, I will ship glass ohmy.gif , do I dare?

EDIT: REALLY?? That would be
"One of a kind"
I love that shit biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
No need to send me glass. I have plenty of them.. I can send it back with Geoff. It fits behind the back pad...LOL

That glass is super bullet proof. We have taken 3lb sledge hammers to them.. and they dont break.

B
Dave Cawdrey
That would be BAD ASS
djm914-6
Check with Vinyl and sign shops. This stuff is readily available and not very expencive. I'll look up some costs in my airbrush magazines (yes, the stuff can be custom painted). Coast Airbrush may have some of this stuff as well. I'll check.
Bleyseng
Brad, I ain't driving down. I will check with the people making the decals.
Geoff
seanery
If you guys can get it done, get me the dimensions of the rear window and I'll make an illustrator file the correct size & aspect ratio.

I don't have a teener here or I'd measure for myself....I should get the white car in 9 days!!!! boldblue.gif
Bleyseng
Damn Sean, all those posts and you are a member of the "Wannabe club"?
Geoff
seanery
No, I have 2 teeners, but they are both in Los Angeles.

The race car isn't done (gonna work on that when I'm there)
and the 72 that I bought from Craig L in December is there
waiting for me.

Not wannabe, just a "cant drive one today-be"
Bleyseng
Oh, like Dave Darling and Jenny.....sort of wannabes.
Geoff biggrin.gif
Gint
the 72 that I bought from Craig L in December is there

Dude, what are you waiting for?
Bleyseng
cost would be about $50 each, Brad. Minimum order 25

Geoff
Lawrence
That car is interesting. There appears to be a P-crest in place of the rear trunk lock.

Did he upgrade to a solenoid activated one?

-Rusty
seanery
It looks like a rubber strapped car. IE GT.

I'm not a sorta wanna be, I'm just patient.

Ginter,
I was gonna get it earlier, but the weather in your part of the world scared me. So, Craig
towed it down to LA when he picked up a car in Orange Co. I'm gonna put a side shifter in
next week, then I have to work in LA for a week then I'm gonna drive it home! MDB2.gif driving.gif
Brad Roberts
25. Damn.

How bad do we want them ??

I personally dont want one (for a car at least)

B
jonwatts
Do we have shirts in the works yet?

Will we have stickers at the SSI swap meat? wink.gif

I would most likely pass on the large sticker. I like subtle better.
Bleyseng
I will have the stickers in my hot hands (for sure! maybe) for the Seattle 914 Breakfast. I will bring em to the SSI swap meet or ship em to Brad if I can't make it.

Shirts? You mean you want t-shirts too? Damn, this could be a full time job trying to get all this crap ordered. It only took 3 weeks for Sean and I to get the stickers ordered! We should have the t-shirts done in about 3 months the way its been going. I have to say the pay sucks too, Brad. And I want a raise!
Geoff :finger2:
seanery
The shirts'll be easier, I think we got all the bugs out last time!
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 16 2003, 09:42 AM)
25. Damn.

How bad do we want them ??

I personally dont want one (for a car at least)

B

Is the 25 for the rear window full decal? Where is that, Geoff? I just want one...
Bleyseng
No, $50 each and I have to order 25 minimum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.