Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So maybe it is a Real Porsche!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RFoulds
Since RUF Auto Group in Texas is selling a 914, (first time I can recall them having a stock 914 for sale) does that help legitimize our beloved mid-engine NARP?
rohar
"This 914 LE has been fully restored (body off restoration)" Ok, I'll bite, how the hell do you take the body off a 914 to "restore" it?
RFoulds
QUOTE(rohar @ Apr 28 2011, 10:49 AM) *

"This 914 LE has been fully restored (body off restoration)" Ok, I'll bite, how the hell do you take the body off a 914 to "restore" it?

I chuckled at that too. Theyre a top notch Porsche shop, only RUF shop in the US, and they used the term "body off"? Thats a big oops.
WOuld like to see them get that price for the LE though.
Drums66
.....it's half legit.....LOL poke.gif
bye1.gif stirthepot.gif shades.gif
Elliot Cannon
"Body off" has come to be a generic term for complete restoration. In the case of the 914 though wouldn't "suspension off" be more appropriate? av-943.gif
mepstein
Doesn't the Porsche museum have a couple 914's on display?
SirAndy
I sent them an email ... happy11.gif
scotty b
somebody forgot to restore the engine lid while it was off the frame :rolleyes:super nice car anyway
jsayre914
Did I miss the link??

smoke.gif
flipb
That's right, 914's are so bad-ass that to us, a Lamborghini is just a backdrop for a photo of a 914.
hot_shoe914
For that money you would think they would repair the split in the left bolster. WTF.gif
trojanhorsepower
Whats with the carpet dash?
jt914-6
QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 28 2011, 02:52 PM) *

somebody forgot to restore the engine lid while it was off the frame :rolleyes:super nice car anyway

They put a screen in the front part of the grill...."GT" style..... smash.gif smoke.gif
Cupomeat
Yeah, $26k seems crazy high, but I could see someone paying that for it.

The engine sound pad is missing and the heater blower is not connected (hoses missing, what else is?)
SirAndy
According to the email i got back from Ryan at RUF, they didn't do the restoration.
shades.gif

We have acquired this from a client, he has the documentation on the restoration and has restored this vehicle from scratch.

Please let me know if you have any further questions in regards to the purchase.

JmuRiz
QUOTE(trojanhorsepower @ Apr 28 2011, 12:14 PM) *

Whats with the carpet dash?

Cheap way to cover up a cracked dash.
I guess it goes along with the cracked and bubbling backpad...
Eric_Shea
Take off $20k and it might be a good deal...
Andyrew
For an LE?

Take 15k off and its a good deal.. Take 10k off and I think its priced at the market..
poorsche914
FI vac hoses missing and some appear to be in connected in the wrong places blink.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(rohar @ Apr 28 2011, 09:49 AM) *

If it is Rusty enough you can sawzall-smiley.gif
AZ914
Might have a few imperfections, but still, a pretty nice car! 26k is nuts though.
Eric_Shea
For an LE?

Take 15k off and its a good deal.. Take 10k off and I think its priced at the market..

Based upon what I've seen with the interior and engine details... I'd be "very" afraid of what is hidding under the paint.
Daiberl
The car is also listed on Ebay, see http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT. So far 3 offers but all of them expired.
JeffBowlsby
This is one of the nicer LE's on the 914 Can Am Registry, it was restored several years ago. The price may seem high and for a 914/4, even an LE, it will take a certain buyer. But I am aware of a few high value LE sales...so the final price may not be too far off the mark on this car.

creamsicle914.jpg
RFoulds
Suprising that RUF wouldn't go through it, and correct the small things, like hoses, sound pad, dash cap, blower, etc. I would expect a shop of their caliber to do at least that, and more likely refresh the restoration. Then its a $25k car. As it sits, its a $15k car.

And I would snap it up at $15k.

KELTY360
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Apr 29 2011, 09:35 AM) *

Suprising that RUF wouldn't go through it, and correct the small things, like hoses, sound pad, dash cap, blower, etc. I would expect a shop of their caliber to do at least that, and more likely refresh the restoration. Then its a $25k car. As it sits, its a $15k car.

And I would snap it up at $15k.

Maybe they don't know where everything is supposed to go because they are a Porsche shop and the car is a.........NARP!

A 914 doesn't need the blessing of the elite to be legitimized.
championgt1
agree.gif
dw914er
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 28 2011, 11:57 AM) *

Doesn't the Porsche museum have a couple 914's on display?

Yeap smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.