Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There is a big hole in my front trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
When I first got the car I immediately stripped out the AC which leaves 2 rather large rectangular holes in the trunk. Any pix on how others have filled this hole? Could this hole be used to rapidly dispose of beer cans from the cockpit with a clever shuttle system?
SirAndy
QUOTE(ppickerell @ May 19 2004, 08:32 PM)
Could this hole be used to rapidly dispose of beer cans from the cockpit with a clever shuttle system?

yes!

usually, people cut out a complete trunk floor from a donor car and do some of this:
welder.gif

wink.gif Andy
Andyrew
Going to do attempt to do that soon (this weekend or next, maybe both) just preping it right now.

I can take photo's if you want..

Andrew
John2kx
Had the same problem with my car. Filled thanks to a sawsall party out west.

John
John2kx
adfsw
John2kx
dfgdd
ruddyboys
That looks great, I have to do the same job, PO ran car without front seal for what looks like many years, have about 4 large rust holes. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
JmuRiz
You could always leave the holes...maybe shrink them up a bit w/ metal and install a GT style front mounted oil cooler wink.gif Since the hole is already there, might as well go hole-hog and do a GT conversion, haha.
Seriously, I'd say just find an old rust bucket parts car and cut the part off you need, like what John2kx did.

Speaking of John2kx, I have a question. You filled in the hole, but you are putting a v8 in yours no? Won't you have to cut a new hole to let the radiator air out? Good looking patch though welder.gif
peridotian
Thanks for the PIX. Time for a sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif party
nine14cats
Here's the oil cooler that utilized the already cut A/C hole in the front trunk on my car.....

Bill P.
peridotian
Bill P.
Any Pix from below?
Patrick
John2kx
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 20 2004, 08:51 AM)

Speaking of John2kx, I have a question. You filled in the hole, but you are putting a v8 in yours no? Won't you have to cut a new hole to let the radiator air out? Good looking patch though welder.gif

My outlets are in the fender wells, not the floor. You might be able to see in last picture if you look close.

You can see the reasons for filling floor in this one.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.