Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4-Lug Revolution Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mwyatt
Finally finished all the winter upgrades and got the car back on the road a couple of weeks ago. Among those upgrades was a set of 17x7" wheels for my straight-fendered car. The level of grip with these tires (Kumho Ecsta V700 205/40/17)is tremendous. A large improvement over 15x5.5" wheels with 205/50/15s. I promised a few of you pictures, so here you go.
mwyatt
Rears fit perfectly:
mwyatt
Another view:
morph
i like the way it looks as well as the fact you all that rubber under the car with out flares smilie_pokal.gif . what prob(if any)did you run into or was it just a bolt up process?
mwyatt
I'm using 16mm spacers up front (just to widen the track a little)
mwyatt
Morphenspectra,
It was just a bolt-up process. The fenders are completely straight and have never been rolled.
airsix
I think you just sold a buch of wheels for Revolution because those, my friend, look sharp.

-Ben M.
SpecialK
Beautiful, you must be very proud! wub.gif
F4i
They look great! How do you like the 40 series tires? I am going the get the same rims. ( I kinda have them now, Long story) I ordered 205 50 17 tires because it will result in stock tire od and smooth the ride. It was a tough decision though not having any comparison. And yours look great.
skline
Those are without a doubt, the nicest aftermarket wheel I have ever seen on a 914. Looks great.
mwyatt
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I thought the 40 series tires might make the ride a little rough, but I don't notice much of a ride quality difference between these tires and the 205/50/15s that used to be on the car. Handling, though, is remarkably improved.
F4i
Thats good to know. I may go 40 series. Did you use the lug bolts they supplied? If so were they long enough for the spacers?
mwyatt
The lugs they supplied me with were long enough for the spacers. In fact, they would accomodate a few more mm of space. The lugs were too long for the rears, so I had to cut them to fit.
MJHanna
is the center of the wheels open? cant tell looking at the pics confused24.gif
d7n7master
Awesome pics!!! Congrats!!! Give us some details, like $$$??? I want some too biggrin.gif
Mueller
Awesome pics!!! Congrats!!! Give us some details, like $$$??? I want some too

Evidently, you don't read or check out the 914 Resources, Parts and Products portion of this fine BBS laugh.gif

Revolution Wheels...914 Resource and Vendor Thread
JmuRiz
is the center of the wheels open? cant tell looking at the pics

Looks to me like they are just the Revolution logo center caps in the centers to me.

Hot looking wheels for sure!! 17" on a 914 is a really nice look, just don't know how it'd feel...maybe I'd have to soften up my konis if I got them. hmmmmm idea.gif
mwyatt
Those are the Revolution center caps. I was worried about the ride harshness with the 17s, but they really aren't much worse than 205/50/15s. I do run my Konis full soft though (I find that, in most situations, they work better that way).
StratPlayer
Damn those are beautiful. What about the spare tire? Have you got some kind of a setup for a spare tire in case you have a flat or blowout?
StratPlayer
Wondering if these units would fit for a center cap....
TheCabinetmaker
Strat, do you know what size hole those are for?
StratPlayer
Here ya go,, for sale on the bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=43961
double-a
wow, those wheels look incredible. puts my 2.0 fuchs and puny 165s to shame.

~a
TheCabinetmaker
Thanks, wrong size.
TROJANMAN
PHAT mueba.gif
tat2dphreak
schweet! very sharp dude! beer.gif
mwyatt
Thanks guys.
As far as a spare, I have a 15" steel wheel with a 205/50 on it. I just have to carry the lugs with me as well. The rolling diameter is only a little bit different, so it should work fine while I'm driving home.
Mueller
I think you just sold a buch of wheels for Revolution because those, my friend, look sharp.

yep, my VISA card just got hit with a nice little "addition".....since my fenders are already pulled out in the rear, I'm thinking 225/45/17's instead

now the waiting game sad.gif
Andyrew
Wowza!!!!

I am very much impressed.

Single best upgrade for the 914 yet!!!
SirAndy
they look schweet!

now, if they only had them as "deep dish" with some offset to speak of and in 8" and 9" width ...
idea.gif Andy
Mueller
mwyatt,

I've got your car as my background on my computer (side view on the street..nice lawn wink.gif )

my wife walked in and commented on the nice car and nice rims, i said "I'm glad you like 'em, I just ordered a set today"......not too pleased when i told her the price, but I told her it's better to have a true bolt on wheel instead of my modifed 4x100 bolt pattern I was doing......I sold the "vanilla rice" rims today, i took a loss, but I think I'll be better off in the long run........
tracks914
Great wheels, I want a set now.
What is all that green carpet stuff in the background? blink.gif
We have a frost warning here tonight. mad.gif

I just updated my wallpaper too. Your car looks great on my screen. (thats the colour my wife wanted me to paint my car)
Chris H.
Geez, they should use your car as the ad car on the website! The black one on there has a few too many accessories on it that make the wheels look out of place. They look so clean on your car. Very nice.

Dammit now I want a set!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.