Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Australia?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bob174
Just found out that I was selected for a two-month long trip to Australia for work. I'll be in Adelaide. Any 914 owners in Adelaide on the board?
SirAndy
QUOTE(bob174 @ May 19 2004, 08:53 PM)
Any 914 owners in Adelaide on the board?

i'm not sure about Adelaide, but we have at least 2 Aussies here on the board ...

Andy
Rick_Eberle
Hi, Bob!

I'm in Sydney, my 914's near Melbourne... but come on over anyway!

Just remember - only drink Victorian beer! beerchug.gif

Cheers,
Rick
Rick_Eberle
Oh yeah,
Here are some websites for you...

Adelaide Citysearch
South Australia.com

You'd better bone up on their football team, the Adelaide Crows, because they get a little passionate about them.

Oh, are you gonna be a
Holden man, or a Ford man? Pick one, because it will help make sense of the V8 Supercars.

See ya,
Rick
4WheelDrifter
Let me know how it is, I want to move down there. smile.gif
Downunderman
Theres a few 914 owners in Sydney. Don't know about Adelaide. Will make some inquiries.
Joe Ricard
VB beer.gif Now that is some good piss. pray.gif
Just can't get it here in south town USA.

Hey don't forget the Vegimite. Some how got hookd on that stuff too. I can mail order that though. and and and don't even think about missing Meat pies. Oh what about the chocolate covered Cookies damn mate the name escapes me.
bob174
I hate to ask what's in a meat pie. What's the good Victorian Beer to look out for?

How far is it from Adelaide to Melbourne, Rick? I'll meet you there to pick up your car.... Bring some of that Victorian beer.
Rick_Eberle
My car is staying down there in my Mum's garage. I'll be moving back down south at the end of the year, and hopefully it will be back on the road not long after.

Adelaide is about an 8hr drive from Melbourne, if I remember right - the last time I was there was for the F1 grand Prix in '94.

When are you coming over?

Are you passing through Sydney at all?

The good beers are

Victoria Bitter ("VB")
Carlton Draught
Crown Lager ("Crownie")
Melbourne Bitter
Fosters

Cheers,
Rick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.