Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the best source for this...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SpecialK
After witnessing some of the nasty body repairs some of the members have dealt with, I've decided to give the '75 a reprieve. The rust that made me park it in the first place is the forward mounting location for the front suspension (#2 in the pic). Is there someone that sells new front trunk floors? Or would I be better off getting with one of our left coast (rust free wink.gif ) friends to chop one up? I'm jonesin' so bad to drive a 914 again that I'm thinking rust repair on the '75 will get me on the road quicker than the '73's resto. driving.gif

Thanks!

Kevin
Rusty
Check with Restoration Designs. I think there's a very recent thread on them.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Part Pricer
Restoration Design doesn't show that piece as being available on their website.
Eric_Shea
You're going to have to get a donor.

HPH or Parts Heaven are my two favorites for this kind of stuff.
SpecialK
Well, HPH didn't show that particular floor section on their site (but I still need to contact them and ask), but Parts Heaven is showing this:

1974 914 2.0 4742914724

bumble car, 2.0 motor

mahle alloys, complete car

great body parts, black interior

and it didn't appear to be munched!

Is a "Bumble Bee" concidered an LE? idea.gif Or are they just a standard model with a black and yellow paint job confused24.gif
i love porsche
the bumblebee is an LE...as long as its original and not a painted 2.0 to look like it

there were 3 LE's
bumblebee
dreamsicle
grasshopper (i think this is the rarest of the 3)
Mueller
Well, HPH didn't show that particular floor section on their site (but I still need to contact them and ask),

parts like this are too tough to keep an updated website status report on, HPH can get you this...only issue is you are going to have to pay for the time involved in removing it from a donor vehicle...........they might be using a plasma cutter now, so that might help cut the time down....
Eric_Shea
Well, HPH didn't show that particular floor section on their site

It's there. In multiples. Believe me... laugh.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 20 2004, 01:48 PM)
Well, HPH didn't show that particular floor section on their site

It's there. In multiples. Believe me... laugh.gif

Man, I wish I had a legitimate reason (and enough vacation time) to take a drive out to CA.

Any guesses on what something like that would cost to chop off and ship to the midwest?
sawzall-smiley.gif
lmcchesney
Doc and Cy (1-800-950-0356) use to carry the parts but I have not heard from them of late. Does anyone know if they are still in business?
L. McC
STL914
I understand that Doc and Cy's is no longer in business. Got this from Brad Mayeur. Brad used to buy most of his sheet metal parts from them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.