Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sway Bar links
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
Does anyone make adjustable swaybar links for the stock swaybars? I would like to eliminate preload on the bars.

Bernbomb914
campbellcj
There's a Weltmeister droplink kit. It's like $100 and probably a waste of money IMHO...although it does get rid of the rubber in the droplinks, which makes your existing bar somewhat more effective. If your rubber bushings are in good shape, I wouldn't bother.
Brad Roberts
Bern,

There is a fellow who posts ads on the classifieds. He has them new for 50$ or so. He shows up to all of our swap meets. Nice guy. His name is Dominic.

Let me dig up his email address.

B
Mueller
I've got a set from Dom....only problem is that the ID of the endlinks are too large and they are too narrow so special spacers need to be used.

I machined my own on my lathe, but does anyone know if they can be found off the shelf?

I also replaced the factory endlink bolts with the bolts used on our CV joints.........

Mueller
Brad Roberts
HUmm.. I have seen these spacers time and time again. They cannot be that hard to come across.

Mike.. call Aurora today. They are pretty much the number one supplier of heim joints and the such.

B
Ira Ramin
Is this what you're looking for? I'm new to this board and just saw your post. Hopefully I'm doing this correctly. These are the droplinks that we use for our 911/914 front swaybars. They use 10mm lt and rt handed Aurora precision Teflon lined rodends. The red adaptors allow for mounting to the factory mounting points. I've never used them with the factory swaybar but they should work fine. They retail for $125/set.

Ira
Brad Roberts
Hey Ira,

Glad you made it onto the list. Knowing that you are "Tarrett" might bring out some very good questions by people from this list. It was a pleasure speaking to you on Sunday at Dunkels.

Keep up the good work.

B
Ira Ramin
Thanks!! It was nice meeting and talking with both you and Mike. I don’t have your racing experience but hopefully I can help answer some of those questions. I need to find a picture for my avatar, my car may not be appropriate on this BB. It’s one of those other Porsches.

Ira
jonwatts
QUOTE(Ira Ramin @ Feb 4 2003, 10:43 PM)
I need to find a picture for my avatar, my car may not be appropriate on this BB. It’s one of those other Porsches.

A 924? biggrin.gif
Ira Ramin
Very funny, but no! It’s much more closely related to a 914 than that, and I said it was a Porsche. It was nice meeting you at the show also.

Ira
Brad Roberts
Place your avatar Ira, it will be fine. I'll kick there ass if anybody makes fun of it.. LOL

B
jonwatts
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Feb 4 2003, 11:02 PM)
Place your avatar Ira, it will be fine. I'll kick there ass if anybody makes fun of it.. LOL

B

You and who's pink-haired army? mad.gif

Thanks Ira, I'm looking forward to putting your pretty aluminum pieces on my eternal project. It might be slight overkill but that hasn't stopped me in any other area on this thing!

Jon
GWN7
Gee ...I thought I was the only one here that has a 924. biggrin.gif

Jeroen said it was a real Porsche cause it came with a crest on the hood beerchug.gif
J P Stein
I'm a sucker for anodized widgets. I need more.

Ira, those strut mounts are purdy. If I ever get thru this smash.gif phase I'm in into, I'll get them on.
Jeroen
Hi Ira,

Welcome to the BBS
Use what ever you want for an avatar
(as long as it isn't a dancing banana)

cheers,

Jeroen
Mueller
Welcome Ira,

I got your e-mail, I'll get back to you ASAP after I put out some fires here at work (which are unfortunately my fault) sad.gif

Bernie,

For the extra few bucks (well okay so they cost 100% more than the 60 dollar units) I'd get the end links Ira posted or save your money and get a completely new sway bar that comes with the adjustable end links (like a Tarrett)
You also mentioned the rear of your car was really stiff....when I looked under it I noticed you had KYB gas shocks...also known as Kill Your Back....in other words, they are harsh so it may not be the springs giving you a stiff ride.

I have a question regarding adjustable endlinks:

Wouldn't you really only need to have one side adjustable with the other side a fixed length??

bernbomb914
thanks Mueller

Just bought a 10 ft bar of 5/8 hex t-6 (smallest i could buy) so I could make my own. Have plenty of extra bar I think. What would you recomend for the rear Shocks?
Thanks again for the Disk. pray.gif

Bernie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.