Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Is there a 911 club site like this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikester
Other than the Bird Board - which is great of course...

Is there a 911 club site that is similar in nature to this site?

Just curious - I find this site to be much more entertaining and friendlier than the bird board in general though I do appreciate the bird board and frequent it.
TimT
theres rennlist, and R gruppe, and a few others..those other boards seem a bit more regimented than this one...

My 911 buddies look at me in a different light since I bought a 914 laugh.gif
Steve
I am also a member of Rennlist since I also own a 993.
I was really surprised that the people on the 993 list are also home mechanics like us and were also very helpful.
The problem with 911's is there a lot of people that just drive them for status and don't race them or work on them.
914 people for the most part work on there own cars and only own them because there the best bang for the buck, fun to drive, etc. etc. etc...

Steve
Joe Bob
There are actually TWO 911 Rennlists....one is the email list and the other is a BBS...
Eric_Shea
agree.gif Most 911 owners are not humble enough to have a site like this. They need a good dose of "Fe" topped with ferric oxides in their diet. Those of use who are both hp and longitudinally challenged tend to have a more humble outlook on life. biggrin.gif

I'm on Rennlist, Early911sregistry.org and sometimes Pelican. Mainly here though... early911sregistry has been helpful.
type47
dorkiphus.com is a group of mostly 911 owners that are real friendly. they get off on an "engine drop". many are located in the DC/VA/MD area.
jtf914
I'll second Jim's comments on dorkiphus.com, it's not the busiest board in the world, but everyone who frequents the board is a DIYer and more than willing to help.

-Justin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.