Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Color Question Nepal Orange or Creamsicle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barada
Ok guys,
I have a 74 914 that has been painted Black. It was originally ivory and I am torn with doing a color I want or go back factory and build a Creamsicle Clone.
I am a big fan of Nepal Orange and understand the extra work needed for a full color change.
So what do you think Semi Original Clone or Nepal Orange.
Attached is the car that will be the test.
7TPorsh
are you keeping the tan interior?
JeffBowlsby
I would recommend restoring the car to original specs. Forget the CS gender change, it will only dilute its quality and value trying to be something its not. But its your car...smile.gif
scrz914
Do you have any pictures of a Nepal Orange car? That would help us out.
It does sounds like you're partial to Orange colors, but if you're going two-tone, maybe a new color combo would be cool. Maybe Blue and White or something new and creative.
barada
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Apr 29 2011, 11:42 AM) *

Depends. I just missed a Black interior on Craigslist with the orange inserts.
barada
QUOTE(barada @ Apr 29 2011, 01:37 PM) *

This Is Derek's car here on the forums, His is Nepal Orange.
I know original is best but Plain ole White is not that exciting to me.
I attached a pic of my 911 that I took a little away from original.
sixnotfour
flag.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(barada @ Apr 29 2011, 10:34 AM) *

Ok guys,
I have a 74 914 that has been painted Black. It was originally ivory and I am torn with doing a color I want or go back factory and build a Creamsicle Clone.
I am a big fan of Nepal Orange and understand the extra work needed for a full color change.
So what do you think Semi Original Clone or Nepal Orange.
Attached is the car that will be the test.

I have been to many 914 events but very seldom see a clean white car. I happen to really like white.
rohar
Phoshop from a previous thread:

IPB Image

For some reason it makes me happy.
Bleyseng
Nepal Orange!!!
Jakeodoule
Nepal Orange!
Click to view attachment
NJ914Guy
Another vote for Nepal Orange. But of course I am biased.

QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Apr 30 2011, 12:27 PM) *

hwgunner
QUOTE(barada @ Apr 29 2011, 10:41 AM) *

QUOTE(barada @ Apr 29 2011, 01:37 PM) *

This Is Derek's car here on the forums, His is Nepal Orange.
I know original is best but Plain ole White is not that exciting to me.
I attached a pic of my 911 that I took a little away from original.

Nice wheels on the orange one!

jonathan
Tom_T
Brent/bembry has a nice 73 2L in L80E with the same Beige (tan) interior that McMark recently did rusto & repaint, along with a 2056 & few other things. Here's a pic & McMark has more on his Original Customs website (just click the bannerhead when it comes up).
http://www.originalcustoms.com/

Click to view attachment

Mine was & will be L80E/Beige too, but it's nowhere near done. While I prefer metallic blues on 914s tops personally, I've come to like the L80E Light Ivory (white) with the Beige interior. I found that the ultimate value suffers when color changed, and I'd done 2 in the 76/80 (Copper & Anthracite in the avatar), and the dealer &/or OO/PO did 2 before me in 72-75 (Sahara Beige & Gold) - so it's not like I averse to it - but that was then & this is now when they're collectors & gaining ever more value.

You're only talking adding some Phoenix Red (orange) to L80E at the side-stripes, rockers, valances, bumpers & wheels' centers - so why go the extra bit for that - just keep it white per original. No option to vote above, but that's my HO! biggrin.gif
NJ914Guy
Here's a close-up of my 1973 914 in Nepal Orange.

IPB Image
barada
Ok thanks guys. I am leaning towards Nepal or Continental Orange.
I did consider going back to White but I think I will wait and do the next one I get to original specs and do this one the way I wished I could have found to begin with.
PanelBilly
Unless your going to do some knd of modified GT with flares, I'd leave the creamsickle paint to actual LEs
70_914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 26 2011, 08:14 PM) *

Unless your going to do some knd of modified GT with flares, I'd leave the creamsickle paint to actual LEs

Says the man who has an actual LE, just to bootyshake.gif the rest of us.
Madswede
So I voted creamsicle white just 'cos I really like the ones I've seen in that color. And since my color blindness makes me say the Nepal Orange looks just like Phoenix Red (which I am going for on my GT clone) ...

Then again, I've seen Ellisor's gorgeous cream-PHX style car up close for hours while I did some work on my own at Series9 in Florida. You could always go for that. (not sure if the link will put it up there, but here's trying...)

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...0back&st=40
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.