Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need close up pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I need some close up pictures of Chevy engines that are going into or are in 914's. Preferably out of the car right before they went in. The front is what I am most interested in. Where the water inlets and outlets are on the front and on the top of the manifold. I didnt get any instructions with all the parts I bought to do the conversion. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Levi
Hows it coming Scott, did you get the engine all put together and sealed up??
I got my 305 in the 64 Impala running today, it goes to my friends exhaust shop in the morning... boldblue.gif
skline
Well, its coming along great. I had to order another Distributor today, the one I did a buy it now on Ebay isnt coming. They said they were back ordered till the end of the month. I asked them why are they still selling them on Ebay if they dont have the product. I hate when people do that. They are supposed to refund my money. I got one coming from another place local and should have it tomorrow so there is still a chance I will be firing up the car this weekend. I just need to see some pictures of how others have run the hoses on the engine.
Chris914n6
RH website... 911, 914 and Autofest (fun stuff) should have an out of car pic.
I'd look but I'm afraid to see what they did to my work... barf.gif
Howard
Wrench said he would install new 350 tomorrow. Engine is still out but all put together. Will take as many pic's as possible, but have a shitty camera.
propricer
Pix, as you requested.

Good luck ... Ed
skline
The pics I need are of the top of the manifold on the two sides where the heater hoses would go. I have the adapters to convert to the reverse cooling from the water pump holes. But what goes to the intake manifold holes? Basically, I need to know the routing for all the hoses. I have two large hoses coming from the front radiator going back to the engine, I need to know what hoses go where. The pump is a RH on one side with the fitting that would go on top of the intake, there is a fitting on the intake with a smaller than normal adapter on it, two holes in the intake manifold, one on each side and the holes with the adapters coming from where the water pump would mount. Any help with this would be great. Oh, and where to put a temp sensor?
propricer
How about this pix ???
John2kx
Scott,

A little confusing without pics but I'll give this a shot. My conversion is all RH and this is the routing:

From the radiator: Bottom hose (on rad.) runs down chassis to water pump inlet. The two outlets from water pump are routed to front of block where original water pump mounted. Water enters block here, goes through heads and then to intake manifold. Thermostat housing provides outlet point of water where it will then return to top fitting on radiator.

Unless your trying to install a heater in your car right now, these are the basics. You can install a fill port in various locations. Your intake manifold should have at least one fitting for water sending unit. I'll attach some pics to eliminate confusion. Shoot any questions back in the next 24 hrs. as I'll be off the scope for the next week.

John
John2kx
This hole can be used for water sender or water supply to heater core. From the previous pics, you can see two fittings on front of intake, either can be used to install sender(s). They have nothing to do with routing water from water pump to or from block.
John2kx
Hose at upper left is coming from thermostat housing and connects to my fill port. Hose at bottom of fill port returns back to radiator.

John
John2kx
Another view. Most don't run the billet plates and a/c but the hose routing is the same no matter how pump is mounted or if it is installed on left or right side of engine. Water supply in and out only works one way.

John
skline
John, Thank you very much, that is exactly what I needed. The pictures help out too but your description is what helped me the most. I appreciate it very much. With all the pit falls that I have had, I can actually see this car being ready to fire up this weekend. Thanks again.
Downunderman
Have you thought of using one of these?

http://www.daviescraig.com.au/main/display.asp?pid=8
NoPorsche
Anybody happen to have dimensions from the axle centerline to the front or back of the Chevy block... do 901/915/930 differ?

Didn't really want to start a new post, as it not really important at this point...Just curious...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.