Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 w/ EJ20G Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cymaster007
Just wanted to share I Finally got this running smooth w/ some tuning done to the computer. Running good but needs some fine tuning!
Still need to complete the following-

Relocate & Install intercooler-radiator (currently up front)
Heat Shield for Exhaust
Figgure out why the gears are grinding
Some electrical bugs w/ turn signals and reverse lights....
IPB Image
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(cymaster007 @ Apr 29 2011, 12:14 PM) *

Just wanted to share I Finally got this running smooth w/ some tuning done to the computer. Running good but needs some fine tuning!
Still need to complete the following-

Relocate & Install intercooler-radiator (currently up front)
Heat Shield for Exhaust
Figgure out why the gears are grinding
Some electrical bugs w/ turn signals and reverse lights....
IPB Image

Looks like it has some vibration issues.......Or is that you in anticipation! lol-2.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Andy took that pic for him!!!!!
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 29 2011, 12:35 PM) *

Andy took that pic for him!!!!!

What a guy! Drove all the way up to BC to do it.

The Cap'n
cymaster007
Its a video clip- if you click on it- smile.gif
benalishhero
QUOTE(cymaster007 @ Apr 29 2011, 05:07 PM) *

Its a video clip- if you click on it- smile.gif

Seems to be a corrupt link....... confused24.gif
DukeTrout
Love it! I've been haunted with daydreams of dropping the EJ257 block I have in the garage into a 914. Keep up the good work.
cymaster007
http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h139/Cym...28-19-06-19.mp4

Direct link to my photobucket video clip!
FourBlades
Sounds very nice.

What is it like to drive?

John
cymaster007
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Apr 29 2011, 04:03 PM) *

Sounds very nice.

What is it like to drive?

John

MUCH faster than the old 1.7, although I have only driven a few rounds around the block because of the gear grinding. I dont want to eat up the tranny so Ive been adjusting the clutch cable than take it for a spin...but its still grinding. my next part on order now is a new clutch cable and to get the tube welded.

15 PSI= aktion035.gif
pktzygt
OK, that's the last straw. From now on I not going to go a day without working on the car. I'm doing a swap to a newer ej20g than you, but same I'm really anxious and jealous.

Thanks for the motivation.
pktzygt
Did you wire up the Stinger yourself? Did you get it from Outfront? That is my next step, I just haven't gotten past laying out the wires in the Stinger pigtail.
abnrdo
Sounds nice! Is that a 1.8 or 2.2? What transmission are you using?

beer.gif
cymaster007
QUOTE(abnrdo @ Apr 30 2011, 04:03 AM) *

beer.gif

the engine is a 2.0l turbo. Im using the stock tail shifter tranny, but I copied the etischer Cable shift mod.
cymaster007
QUOTE(pktzygt @ Apr 30 2011, 03:04 AM) *

Did you wire up the Stinger yourself? Did you get it from Outfront? That is my next step, I just haven't gotten past laying out the wires in the Stinger pigtail.

I got the outfront harness, they are about 30 minutes from my house, so i was also able to bring in various gaskets and parts and say "I need this one" because they had all the JDM stuff I needed.
pktzygt
QUOTE(cymaster007 @ Apr 30 2011, 11:22 AM) *

QUOTE(pktzygt @ Apr 30 2011, 03:04 AM) *

I got the outfront harness, they are about 30 minutes from my house, so i was also able to bring in various gaskets and parts and say "I need this one" because they had all the JDM stuff I needed.

I've been doing the same thing. They ship pretty quickly to VA.

Looks and sounds great. I'm headed out to the garage.
duval7
QUOTE(cymaster007 @ Apr 30 2011, 09:20 AM) *

QUOTE(abnrdo @ Apr 30 2011, 04:03 AM) *

beer.gif

the engine is a 2.0l turbo. Im using the stock tail shifter tranny, but I copied the etischer Cable shift mod.

By "stock tail shifter tranny" are you meaning the 914 or suby tranny?
partwerks
I get about 33 mpg with my EJ20 and tops out about 145 mph.
Starts right off. No oil leaks or valve adjustments and easy oil changes!
And a real heater.
DBCooper
You did 145? Man! Just over 120 I decided that was plenty fast for me, so that's good to know. Best mileage has been mid 20's, but I don't think I've ever driven it normally long enough to get a good measure on the mileage.
pktzygt
Have you driven that thing yet?
BIGKAT_83
I was at outfront in Jan. and saw this car then. I wondered who owned it.
partwerks
I think I could have milked 150 out of it, but the road was a bit rough and thought I'd better throttle down. Maybe another time on a smoother, lonely road out in the sticks. About as fast as that 3.6 conversion I had.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.