Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Insurance Appraisal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I just received my appraisal back for my car insurance. The car isn't on the road yet (tomorrow it will be now that I can insure it) and my appraisal came in @ just over $12,000 US for my 1.7. ($16,660CAN)
I thought this was pretty good for what I have invested in it so far. (not including labour of course) rocking nana.gif

What do you have your car insured for?

Tx
Ray Warren
Mine was appraised at $18000 CDN two months ago.
Had to have it done for insurance.
I used LANT collector car insrance for $178 per year.
Unlimted mileage and full coverage.
MXMARK
traks914, Mine is $7500.00, I guess I need to call my Insurance co. 1972 1.7L to 2.5L. Mark
tracks914
QUOTE(914ray @ May 20 2004, 05:34 PM)

Do you have anything else insured with them? That sounds like a great deal?
Ray Warren
No, the 914 is the only car I have with them.
Here is there website.
Look at the "silver wheels plan"

LANT INSURANCE
tracks914

Have you ever had to make a claim with this company?
Their home page says "and not used for regular transportation," Does that mean it is for shows only or Sunday driving?
Tx
Ray Warren
QUOTE(tracks914 @ May 20 2004, 08:53 PM)

Have you ever had to make a claim with this company?
Their home page says "and not used for regular transportation," Does that mean it is for shows only or Sunday driving?
Tx

Never had to make a claim.
Not for shows only. They encourage you to take it out on sunny days but they do not want you to use it as a daily driver such as to and from work or out shopping. This is why you have to show proof of insurance on your daily driver.
(I'm at work now and the 914 is right outside my window). Can't wait till quitting time to drive it home.
mike_the_man
I just had an appraiser over to look at my car on Wednesday night. He hasn't given me a definate value yet, but after his look at the car he said probably between $6000-9000 CAN. Considering I paid just over $4000 for it, that sounds pretty good. If it's insurred for $9000, I'd be tempted to wrap it around a tree, then buy it back from the inssurance company and drop a V8 in it. cool.gif
tracks914

GREAT prices biggrin.gif NO service mad.gif

I called them this AM to get insurance. They said it would take a few days. I pleaded with them (so I could drive it on the long weekend) and she said she would see what see could do if I got her all the info by noon.
I rushed home, scanned all documents, took new digital pictures, and sent it all out by 11:50. I called them and they said she had gone for lunch. I called back after lunch and was told to call again in 1/2 hour. I did and one lady said she didn't recieve anything yet. I told her I emailed it 2 hours ago. She said they only do downloads at 8 AM every morning. blink.gif I should have faxed it to her. mad.gif
I said I would rush home and get it all faxed to her within 20 minutes. She said don't bother, it's the long weekend and she won't do it until next week anyway. finger.gif

Now I wait until next week to drive. mad.gif

Thanks for the tip though, I will still use them because my insurance company wants $900 a year for me to drive it once a week! This company only wants $167.
Mueller
I only have liabilitly on my 914 right now, so I better pray I don't ball it up myself while cruising about........
TheCabinetmaker
Mike, your cruising? Get back to work. cool.gif
Mark Henry
$11,000 Canadian appraised at Facetts Motor Coach 2 yrs ago.

Appraisals seem to be all over the map. Just because a car is appraised for a certain amount, I wouldn't expect it to go for the appraised price if one was to sell their car.
Ray Warren
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 21 2004, 05:51 PM)
$11,000 Canadian appraised at Facetts Motor Coach 2 yrs ago.

Appraisals seem to be all over the map. Just because a car is appraised for a certain amount, I wouldn't expect it to go for the appraised price if one was to sell their car.

agree.gif
My car wouldn't be worth half what it is appraised at. But it sure is good to know that if it ever got wrecked, burnt or stolen they would have to pay what the appraisal is.

anybody got a match
tracks914
I don't plan on selling it.....yet. I just know some A...hole is going to wreck it and want it to be insured for as much as I can.
Besides, the higher the value appraisers put on them, the greater the value all of them are worth.
Red-Beard
1970 914/6 $25,000
1982 911SC $20,000

I have them setup for "replacement" value. It really would take something like $25,000 to buy a 914/6 with this engine....

wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.