Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Friends of Steve McQueen Car Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RFoulds
Anyone going to be there?

http://www.friendsofstevemcqueen.com/

Apparently, Mike Hagen's #40 914/6 GT will be there.

IPB Image
bcheney
That will be a great event! Wish I was in Cali...
monkeyboy
It's a cool show every year, but it always is hot.
Maltese Falcon
We checked out this show on Saturday and it was well organized and had a good variety of cars. Vintage 356 ,911, beetles and doublecabs, and a huge muscle car contingent. A few 914s also, fours, sixes and a V8.
Steve McQueen's 917s have been long ago sold off, so Chad (son) brought his collection of motorcycles, 904, speedster and his early 930.
Missing in action: the #40 LeMans 9146GT and the In-n-Out truck sad.gif
There was a very well sorted Kelmark GT (917) in Gulf Livery, funny what you can put on a Beetle floorpan !
The charity is The Boys Republic, and the Boys actually helped run the program
(traffic, hospitality, etc.) very well.
Hope that Mike brings out #40 next year ...
Marty
914.SBC
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 5 2011, 10:27 PM) *

We checked out this show on Saturday and it was well organized and had a good variety of cars. Vintage 356 ,911, beetles and doublecabs, and a huge muscle car contingent. A few 914s also, fours, sixes and a V8.
Steve McQueen's 917s have been long ago sold off, so Chad (son) brought his collection of motorcycles, 904, speedster and his early 930.
Missing in action: the #40 LeMans 9146GT and the In-n-Out truck sad.gif
There was a very well sorted Kelmark GT (917) in Gulf Livery, funny what you can put on a Beetle floorpan !
The charity is The Boys Republic, and the Boys actually helped run the program
(traffic, hospitality, etc.) very well.
Hope that Mike brings out #40 next year ...
Marty

Maltese,
I was there. I was the one with the V8. Wish you would have said something. I would have loved to have met you. It is always interesting meeting fellows from the board. That Orange 914-6 was a beautiful car.
monkeyboy
Your car was real nice looking too.

There was a ton of nice rides there.
Maltese Falcon
[/quote]

Maltese,
I was there. I was the one with the V8. Wish you would have said something. I would have loved to have met you. It is always interesting meeting fellows from the board. That Orange 914-6 was a beautiful car.
[/quote]
I was going thru the show kinda quick, and was right next to your black car talking to the guy with the Mexico Blue 911 GT2 . I'll be at next year's show and definitely bench race with you !
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.