Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anybody know this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ctrout
A little late for me to be asking this but can anyone tell me anything about this car?
TheCabinetmaker
Welcome to the club. I assume that is your new vehicle mr trout. Have ya seen it yet? parts car, or restoration project? Tell us more.
silver2.0
Looks like you got a great deal! I'm sure we will be seeing alot of you when your restoration questions spring up!
tat2dphreak
I saw that car on the bay too... it looks like a great buy, welcome to the club!
Ctrout
My brother has the car now and tells me that I did well with the purchase. I will be driving to his house in Ca. from Idaho to get it this July. Until then, I'll just have to dream about it. I have already located a set of four stainless braided brake hoses with teflon lining (DOT approved) for $65 brand-new. I am hoping this will fix the issue with the front brakes locking up. Power to the solenoid but no cranking will hopefully be fixed by installing a new starter that I located for $45. I really need to get this thing on the road ASAP because I justified the purchase to my wife by telling her how much gas money we would save. My insurance will be $15 a month according to the quote I got. I currently get 13mpg in my truck. Insurance costs the same $15/month.
Bleyseng
decent looking 1.8l car you got there.

Geoff biggrin.gif
GWN7
Looks like a good deal smilie_pokal.gif and welcome to the board

beer.gif
Ctrout
Some other pics.
Chris H.
Yeah I agree not bad at all. Looks like it needs a good cleaning up but that doesn't cost anything. Once you get to CA just post any questions here that you have. Brakes locking up is a common problem if the car has been sitting. Probably just need some new lines and a good bleed. Good luck!
Ctrout
Another.
Ctrout
Another.
Ctrout
Last one.
schweggy
In my book, if you pay less than $1K for a working car these days you're doing real good... and if it's a working 914 it's even better.

my $.02

(speaking as one who just spent $2K on tranny work + assorted issues... but $$ well spent)
Ctrout
I bought it under the assumption that it will need a total engine rebuild before it will run. If it runs after I fix the no cranking issue, I'll consider that a bonus.
GWN7
Well sounds like your going in with your eyes open...

beerchug.gif
skline
Well, I had a problem like that with one of mine once, the starter locked on the flywheel. Before you replace the starter, just unbolt it and then tighten it up again, Sometimes the starter gear will lock on the ring, unbolting it can break it free. If it does, then it will turn right over when you tighten it back up again. Who knows, it might work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.