Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom spray paint based on color codes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
I saw a site posted somewhere that custom mixes spray paint based on paint codes from your car. Anyone know website for this service?
Joe Ricard
Tower paint in Oshkosh Wisconsin. Towerpaint.com or something like that. Sent them the paint code and a picture. Turned out OK but then again Alaska blue metallic L96B is a tough color. The local paint shop by me mixed up three cans to match my car. I brought in an eyebrow for the head light Looks damn close What ever yellow this paint job is. confused24.gif 18 bucks a can.
markb
PaintScratch.com has worked well for me.
Demick
If you come over the hill, San Leandro Paint does a good job.

Demick
Trekkor
How about quart cans for our cup guns? blowtorch.gif
EdwardBlume
I get emails all the time about the color of my car. Is there some way to take my car in somewhere to get the "paint code" figured out?
lmcchesney
There are sooo many color variations. It is like the ladies and Mauve, etc. Ask your local Maco or other where they buy their paint. Localy, mine is BW, who can mix any color you wish via the color code.
I again thank you for your email information. My son who has done the most work on the project has decided on an dark gray(grey for the brits). He saw a Dodge pickup with a paint code of PDR, graphite. Looks like we will go with urethane primer and single stage paint. The local BW paint shop can put together the primer and paint for $300. Hopefully Bob B will add his expertise.
L. McC
tdgray
Many local Body Shop supply stores have very advanced equipment for mixing and color-matching paint (i used to work for one). The best way of course is to stay with a standard color instead of custom blends but baring that they should be equiped with a color match camera. Dupont was the first to bring this technology out. It can match a "picture" of your paint to a standard formula and then tweek it from there to give you a corrected formula. They can even give you the formula so that you will know it for future touch-ups and painting.

Oh and BTW DO NOT let them put the label on the can as I am sure just like everyone else you will pour paint all over it and the you're screwed. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.