Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Last weekend's mini-project pictures...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
While I'm posting pictures (some other's up in East Coaster's thread), here's another project I tackled last weekend:

Not too hard to guess, but anyone know what it is? Any other 914s have them? Only about 1 pound in total extra weight, and greatly improves the girlfriend top off factor (car that is).

-Steve
boxsterfan
Heated seats! Cool. Where did ya get the kit?
boxstr
Hey cool . I have been working on the very same thing. I got mine from a local company. Still haven't been able to find the time to put everthing back together. I sat in the owners Boxster, they work great.
CCLINHOTBUNS
Howard
Thought you were laying bricks. Love the look, but didn't they have antique? Used brick look is sexier.
campbellcj
Hey, that's pretty hot! (sorry)

I freely admit to being a fan of bunwarmers myself. The wife and I both have them in our daily drivers. Yes, even in SoCal they get used in wintertime as it is regularly in the 30's here at home and even colder on road trips to the high desert or mountains.
grantsfo
Thats great. I have always said that the only reason why I keep my Boxster is for the heated seats! Now I dont have anymore excuses.
siverson
Yeah, I never had heated seats until I got my Audi (now sold). I love them. Geez, even during the summer it can get kinda chilly at night in San Diego with the top off. It sounds ridiculous, but I used my heat seats all the time...

It's just a generic kit I found online - there are several different brands. It was about $200 (controller, thermostat, switches, etc)

-Steve
East coaster
Steve.............Way cool! No wait, way hot! I was considering this as well. I think once you've had heated seats in a vehicle, you'll always want them. Did you put them in the bottom and back or just bottom?

Ooooh......I just noticed, I can see where your DME harness comes through. I'm still scoping out where to cut the hole.
Qarl
My seats are heated courtesy of Taco Bell! huh.gif

Natural gas powered!
Mueller
great idea, now for hot summer time driving you need to add cooling to the seats....Mercedes does this with fans mounted in the seats blowing thru little perforations in the covers
maf914
I think the original Ford GT-40's had ventilated seats, similar to the Merc seats Mike mentioned. Pictures of the GT-40 seats show a grid pattern of grommets that acted as the vent holes. No AC though. I read that they didn't actually work too well.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.