Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uh oh, another HF sale....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
moparrob
WARNING! Jack stands on sale at Harbor Freight. $19.95 a pair for 3 ton.

A 914 owner can never have too many of these.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Elliot Cannon
Ask Gint what he thinks of those.
Gint
No $hit. I won't get under a car being held up with just those lever type jackstands ever again.
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 30 2011, 06:48 AM) *

No $hit. I won't get under a car being held up with just those lever type jackstands ever again.

Is there ia story Gint poke.gif
Randal

I like JP's idea of the boxes he built to hold up the car.

I'm using big solid blocks under the wheels for the present, in conjunction with jack stands, just for insurance.

pktzygt
QUOTE(Strudelwagon @ Apr 30 2011, 10:02 AM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 30 2011, 06:48 AM) *

Is there ia story Gint poke.gif

Yeah, I like a good close call story.

I never get under a car without something else under it. I tent to put a large spare tire/wheel from my jeep under it. Better to bend the underside of the car than smash my melon. (You should see my hide behind trees when winching the jeep on the trail.)
Tom_T
Pin type or screw type jacks are the only way to go IMHO - lever type is too easy to bump the lever & drop the car on you, or even slip on their own! dry.gif
roadster fan
At that price you could take a little time and add a pin at the height you normally use em at to make them safer. I always put something under the car like a spare tire or two as added insurance too. Just make sure whatever you put under the car is at least as thick as you are!

Jim
Katmanken
Guys.

Don't poke him about it. Go look up his story.

Ken

pktzygt
QUOTE(kwales @ May 1 2011, 03:36 PM) *

Guys.

Don't poke him about it. Go look up his story.

Ken

I didn't mean to poke, but I still that that counts as a near miss compared to what could have happened. That was a scary thread.

No, EVIL Harbor Freight jackstands will never be on my shopping list.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.