Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GoPro Cameras, Possible group buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hot_shoe914
I have had a couple of people ask so I am going to call and see if I can still get the price I was getting. Is there any interest in these if I can get the price again? confused24.gif

Shoe
ConeDodger
I was in on the last one but I would be interested if the price was right...
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 30 2011, 01:05 AM) *

I was in on the last one but I would be interested if the price was right...

Shooting for same price if possible. I think it ended up being about 240.00 shipped.
Loser_Cruiser
Im more than likely up for one.
Mr.242
$240 and what comes in the package?

I've heard Costco has these and as always Costco really loads up the package deal. I have yet to see it at Costco......

VaccaRabite
I'm in.

Zach
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Apr 30 2011, 09:40 AM) *

$240 and what comes in the package?

I've heard Costco has these and as always Costco really loads up the package deal. I have yet to see it at Costco......

My understanding is the ones Costco is selling is not the HD version. These will be the GoPro HD Hero Motorsports, Click the link to learn more about what you will get. http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-motorsports-hero-camera/ I tried to call today but they were closed so I will not find out until Monday and I can get them or not.
RJMII
Does anyone have pictures of what came in the box from the last group buy?

icon_bump.gif wink.gif
zymurgist
I forgot to ask at Hershey if you were planning on doing this again. I would like one if this happens.
roadster fan
I just bought one of these at the Sea Otter Classic at Laguna Seca a couple of weekends ago. They must have sold hundreds of these there for $250. Cool little cameras. I would be interested in another if the price is similiar so I can have forward and rearward footage at WCR2011!

Jim
hot_shoe914
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP9CXuUnuPg...player_embedded

A little sample of this camera in action this past weekend.
eric9144
The Costco version was the close out of the non-HD cameras from GoPro...GoPro stopped producing the non-HD version that's why Costco had them for a (seemingly) smoking deal.

I got one ($99) and I have to say the non-HD version pretty much sucks compared to the HD. I'd be up for a group buy so I can sell my old one!

736conver
They are on overstock right now. $239.

Item#: 13125844

The GoPro HD Motorsports HERO Camcorder records 1080p high definition video from your helmet, your vehicle, or anywhere else you mount it. The camera comes with 2 helmet mounts, 3 vehicle mounts, and a suction cup mount.

turboman808
$235 with free shipping on Ebay. Make sure you are getting the motorsports HD hero.

Might be able to get a group buy for less then $200. If dealers are selling them at $235 then the cost to the dealers is probably $150-175. The manufacturer would be tickled pink to get $200 a piece for them.

I would suggest also trying to get a bundle with the Zoom H4N as well. $400 for the pair would be a really awesome deal. Zoom and 3-4 GoPro cameras and you can do some really sweet films.
Gint
I want one. Let us know what the final price is going to be.
NORD

I'm in for one if the price is at the $240 driving.gif
RJMII
I would suggest also trying to get a bundle with the Zoom H4N as well. $400 for the pair would be a really awesome deal. Zoom and 3-4 GoPro cameras and you can do some really sweet films.

What is Zoom H4N? Tell us more? (so we don't all have to google it)
Gint
google it already
hot_shoe914
Good news and bad news. They have cut the discounts to the dealers so I can no longer get the price I was getting. However, I have managed to get the guy to sell and ship direct to you guys for $240.00. That price includes shipping and any other fees. That's right, no Paypal fees or anything.$240.00 shipped to your door direct from the dealer. All you have to do to get this price is call and say you are with 914World.com. I will post contact information when I get home tonight.

Shoe
hot_shoe914
Okay, I decided it would be cruel to make you wait til tonight so here goes the info.

Call 410-451-5181 or 410-451-3041 and ask for John. You must speak with John to get the $240.00 price. Once you get John tell him you are with 914World.com and you want the GoPro Hero HD Motorsports video camera package. Pay the man and wait for your camera to show up, its that easy. aktion035.gif

Shoe
RJMII
Way to go Shoe! You rock!
Loser_Cruiser
Did he say how long this is in effect?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ May 3 2011, 03:58 PM) *

Did he say how long this is in effect?

No, and I forgot to ask. I can call tomorrow and find out if you need me too but I'm pretty sure it is good for awhile.
hot_shoe914
Has anyone taken advantage of this yet? Zach? confused24.gif
NORD

Are there bussiness hours that we need to call to be able to talk to John?

Thanks for setting this up again. driving.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(NORD @ May 4 2011, 09:24 PM) *

Are there bussiness hours that we need to call to be able to talk to John?

Thanks for setting this up again. driving.gif

Monday thru Friday 8:00 to 5:00 Eastern time.
Loser_Cruiser
Not yet, I'll be ordering mine next week after I get done with the tranny rebuild clincic
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 4 2011, 08:54 PM) *

Has anyone taken advantage of this yet? Zach? confused24.gif

Yep. Mine is on the way.
Whoever called about hours, I called around 1 pm (lunchtime) and had no issues.
Thanks Don!
Ps. Look for that exhaust hanger forme. The other dude has gone mute.

Zach
zymurgist
I'm having a hell of a time getting through. Just keep getting busy signals.
zymurgist
Got mine ordered. Maryland residents have to pay sales tax. Oh well.
VaccaRabite
Got mine in the mail today. smile.gif

Zach
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(zymurgist @ May 9 2011, 01:29 PM) *

Sorry dude, on the bright side, is he close enough to pick up and get a discount for shipping?
confused24.gif
rick 918-S
I haven't ordered yet. Kids just got all my disposable money again. I'm flush in June. How long is the offering?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 9 2011, 09:17 PM) *

I haven't ordered yet. Kids just got all my disposable money again. I'm flush in June. How long is the offering?

He didn't give me a cutoff date so I'm assuming it is good til they raise his cost. I will try to find out today.
zymurgist
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 9 2011, 10:13 PM) *

QUOTE(zymurgist @ May 9 2011, 01:29 PM) *

Sorry dude, on the bright side, is he close enough to pick up and get a discount for shipping?
confused24.gif

Hmm. Didn't think about that. According to the UPS tracking, it went through Laurel. I'll be in Laurel on Friday. Oh well, I expect to get it before then.
hot_shoe914
icon_bump.gif back to the top so more people can buy one. aktion035.gif
Loser_Cruiser
Planning to order mine tomorrow! Thanks again Hot Shoe
hot_shoe914
Talked to the man today when I ordered another GoPro camera and I was informed we should have this price for awhile. I will keep checking back just in case. So save your dollars and get one as soon as you can, you will be glad you did. piratenanner.gif
hot_shoe914
icon_bump.gif
hot_shoe914
There have been quite a few people take advantage of this offer. Just a friendly reminder that the great price is still available so if you don't have one order soon!!!

Shoe
Mr.242
piratenanner.gif
Yahoo....ordered mine! Deal is still good... beerchug.gif
euro911
Overstock.com has a good price too: $239. including shipping.

Do all models have the 170 degree wide-angle field of view?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 5 2011, 03:48 PM) *

Overstock.com has a good price too: $239. including shipping.

Do all models have the 170 degree wide-angle field of view?

No, they don't all have the 170 wide angle field and they aren't all compatable with the LCD back, so make sure you order the one you want. There is no view finder on the camera, so the LCD back might be a good option.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.