Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Awesome Fabrication from TC Design
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
Well, I picked up my car from TCDesign today and as with all his work, I was highly impressed. I needed a custom engine mount bar in my Turbo 912 project to mount the type-4 engine to the stock 912 engine mounts. I did not want to make any modification to the car that were not reversable (i.e. cut out the stock engine mount or weld in new ones). The 912E uses a cast iron bar that mounts to the same place on the block, but connect to the body on the bottom of the frame rails. Due to the nature of those cars, that engine bar can get quite expensive. This bar was made out of 1" chromoly tubing and was duplicated right from the design that I made out of out cardboard. It incorporated an stock, early one-piece mount on the engine block and stock 911 engine/transmission mounts at the frame rails. He added a bit of triangulation for strenght and it is plenty strong. Now, I will hang the turbo off the side of it and maybe...just maybe someday I will have a running car.

-Britain

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
mightyohm
Aww, my little engine case is all grown up. It sprung an oil filter. biggrin.gif

That mount looks great!
Britain Smith
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ May 20 2004, 10:58 PM)
Aww, my little engine case is all grown up. It sprung an oil filter. biggrin.gif

That mount looks great!

That and a 911 fan...
mightyohm
That's... not natural. wink.gif
Britain Smith
Yea, it also has a 915 tranny. That only happened on a handful of cars.

-Britain
ChrisReale
That looks great Britain. One day TonyC will build a cage for my car.
MattR
Did they do the suspension too? biggrin.gif

Looks great!

Im just curious, does that motor sit kinda low? It might just be the lack of body panels, but it looks like the body is almost sitting too high. Im a complete noob to 911/912s, so cut me some slack...
McMark
There's a rear bumper/valence part that's not installed in that pic. As I recall the 912e engine sits about 17 inches from the top edge of the engine bay opening to the top of the center of the case. Britain, do you remember the measurement?

Side note Britain, did you find your flywheel bolts? They're by your engine parts.
Britain Smith
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ May 21 2004, 01:21 AM)
There's a rear bumper/valence part that's not installed in that pic. As I recall the 912e engine sits about 17 inches from the top edge of the engine bay opening to the top of the center of the case. Britain, do you remember the measurement?

Side note Britain, did you find your flywheel bolts? They're by your engine parts.

Yea, thanks for the reminder...that was my reference for Tony's.

And no, I didn't see the bolts but I will look around next time I am up there.

-Britain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.