Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line routing for carbed 6 cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
So I have a set of tangerine racing fuel lines installed. Should I route the fuel in the engine compartment so that that it flows from one carb to the other, then to a pressure regulator, then return fuel to tank?. It looks like originally the fuel lines dead end at each Weber.
euro911
If using a pressure regulator, install it before connection(s) to carbs. If there is only a single inlet to each carb, use a brass 'T' on the output from the regulator and a hose to each carb.

Personally, I don't like using pressure regulators if I can help it. We just removed a high pressure (FI) pump and installed a new 3.5psi pump, a 'T' and blocked off the return line to the tank.
campbellcj
I've got a similar setup to Mark's although with AN-6 braided lines, alloy tee and PMO fuel bars. Just got rid of the troublesome Holley regulator which my mechanic says is unnecessary anyway on my car (track use). We chatted about putting in a return line and may do it someday, but I've done without one for like 9 years now.
Krieger
Thanks guys, I don't know why I had it in my head to do a return line.
campbellcj
QUOTE(Krieger @ May 1 2011, 07:27 PM) *

Thanks guys, I don't know why I had it in my head to do a return line.

I still think a return line is desirable/beneficial, but numerous cars seem to do just fine without one...your choice
brant
A return line is good for power (at least theoretically)
lots of ways to route this:
Krieger
Thanks Brant, that's really cool. Looks like the rectangle is pump, circle filter, hex/triangle pressure reg? I was thinking option e, but maybe D
brant
you got the symbols right
I can't take credit for the drawing
I've run 3-4 different ways

it also depends if you are carbed or fuel injection
you don't want high pressure pushing against a carb needle and seat really
(although with the right pump you won't have that high pressure really)

with carbs, you want to keep cool fuel flowing past them at all times
more power...

so I like option B and use it on my race car
brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.