Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body prep and sand painting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lmcchesney
Does anyone have a site that provides detailed information on body prep for painting. Another item would be the details of wet sanding.
Thanks,
L. McC
F4i
I don't have a site for you but for $17 bucks a good book can be had. Part of the HPBooks series is "Automotive paint handbook" by John Pfanstiehl. It is pretty good and you should be able to get it at a varity of locations.
SpecialK
Try this site:

http://www.autobodystore.com/material1.htm
Porsche Rescue
My preferred method of wet sanding is using a sanding block while holding a hose with just a trickle of water in the other hand to keep car/paper wet. One caution however. If you are sanding the color coat you need to do it in a location other than your driveway. I once turned an asphalt driveway a nice shade of green. Had to recoat it to hide the evidence.
blpenserini
Instead of a garden hose, you might try a spray bottle. You can control it better and it isn't as messy. You can also add a drop of dish soap to lubricate the paper as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.