Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hopefully needing a favor, anyone near Bethesda, MD?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Hello Homies,

I am looking to acquire another project (gasp). A basket case 75 Moto Guzzi 850 T3 in Bethesda, MD. I can handle getting the $$ to the guy, but I was wondering if one of my friends out that way could pick up and maybe store until I can get out there in about 2-3 weeks?

So many of you in that area are friends of mine, it is easier to ask you here (as I forget who lives where).

Thanks in advance!

Your humble master,

Dr. Evil
type47
Yea, I/we got ya covered...
Dr Evil
thumb3d.gif Stay tuned.
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(type47 @ May 1 2011, 01:57 AM) *

Yea, I/we got ya covered...

Glad to help anyway I can. Bethesda is ...... I don't know .... 5 min from my house smile.gif . Jim let's see what we can do or anyone else that wants to chime in. I believe I have space in the garage.
type47
I'm sure Rod "the mad X-biker" would help ... Bethesda is right across the "crik" but Spraggi is closer.
zymurgist
I can help load, but i don't have indoor storage at the moment.
Dr Evil
It's on! Who can get there first? Spraggi, maybe I can have you pay him for me tomorrow. I don't want some one else swooping in.
Dr Evil
OK, here is the scoop: He is near Bethesda, I can get a better location when I get someone available on Thurs night for pay and pickup. I will forward that person the $$ for the bike, they will pay for and pick up the bike, and then I will come out and get it when I get back to town after the PNW event. (sounds almost like a Nigerian scam dry.gif ).

So, who is available on Thurs night????
zymurgist
I'm available to help load the bike Thursday, but I do not own a pickup truck to move it, and I have no indoor storage for it.
Dr Evil
I am not worried about indoor storage, just safe storage. If you are close enough and available, I can kick down $$ for a Home Depot truck rental or something similar.

type47
Cinco de Mayo? OK if it's way after rush hour, like 9pm. Is it dismantled? Will it fit in a Vanagon? PM root to see if he can help, he also has a pick'em up truck and storage space at his company although Kyle might put the engine in his ride.
Dr Evil
This is what needs to be picked up:
budk
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 2 2011, 07:22 PM) *

This is what needs to be picked up:

How the hell do you find these? I'd kill for that bike!
Dr Evil
Luck. The guy was just about to list it for sale on Craigslist and his mechanic saw me asking about one on a moto Guzzi forum and connected us smile.gif He even told me of the low ball price that it was offered to him for so I knew what to offer biggrin.gif
type47
OK, it should fit in a Caravan with the seats removed. I am available (actually, I am available during the day too)
Dr Evil
I can forward the phone # to you if you wish to try and organize this. biggrin.gif

I will, of course, owe you wink.gif
Dr Evil
MO in the mail, scheduled pickup on Thurs night! Now, to figure out when/how to get it here.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 3 2011, 06:37 PM) *

MO in the mail, scheduled pickup on Thurs night! Now, to figure out when/how to get it here.

I can bring ot on my way to Hershey next year. poke.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif

slap.gif slap.gif

bye1.gif
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 3 2011, 06:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 3 2011, 06:37 PM) *

I can bring ot on my way to Hershey next year. poke.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif

slap.gif slap.gif

bye1.gif

I was off for a couple of days. Looks like you got it worked out. I'm still available if needed.
Dr Evil
Thanks, Homie smile.gif
Dr Evil
I just received confirmation that the bike is in Spraggi's garage. I asked if he would post pics here. biggrin.gif

Its gonna be a long week in PNW, then a long work week, then a long return trip to get it if I can get it in 2 weeks rolleyes.gif

type47
You should have seen the restored bike the previous owner has! Moto Guzzi also, immaculate.... and Mike, you were supposed to say "What bike?" biggrin.gif
MikeSpraggi
Oh yea, what bike ...?
Dr Evil
Thanks fellas! I particularly like the pic of the rats nest av-943.gif rolleyes.gif

That is a PERFECT resto candidate. I cant wait to start throwing $$ at it like a drunken John in a strip club (oooo yeeeaaaaah).
Dr Evil
There was a box of brake parts and other stuff, too, right?
scotty b
huh.gif oh my unsure.gif
type47
Spoken like a man with experience. Boxes under the seat and tank.
MikeSpraggi
What boxes? What seat, what tank?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.