Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most $$ spent on a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
again, another exciting day at the office and this is what i found
the $44,000 914
it looks like it might be gold plated

there has to be a point where it just isn't a 914 anymore.
TheCabinetmaker
Peanuts! ask that guy in Tx. about his yellow six.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(vsg914 @ May 21 2004, 11:57 AM)
Peanuts! ask that guy in Tx. about his yellow six.

is that the one with the chevette engine?
TheCabinetmaker
Nope. 3.6L
VegasRacer
I'll bet there are alot of us here who have spent more than 44K on our cars over the years.
I don't want to add up the bills and the time I have invested wasted on mine.
TheCabinetmaker
Yeah John, In 31 years, I've spent at least that much. Rich Johson's car is the nicest I've ever seen. He wouldn't tell me how much he spent on it, but just smiled when I coaxed "50 or 60K?".
mightyohm
There's a big difference between f'd up 914s with "over $XX,000 invested" on auto trader and the $100,000+ 3.6 conversions. Both of the people who did them are probably a little nuts, but in completely different ways.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ May 21 2004, 12:35 PM)
There's a big difference between f'd up 914s with "over $XX,000 invested" on auto trader and the $100,000+ 3.6 conversions.   Both of the people who did them are probably a little nuts, but in completely different ways.

agree.gif
i just thought the one i found on autotrader was a little odd, to say the least.
TheCabinetmaker
Ok, call me little nuts. Ok, call me alot nuts! I just wish I had that kinda disposable cash. Damn right I'd have the nicest 914 in existence. Fuck a bunch of new cars!
lmcchesney
I believe the wiper arms and blades are 914.
We easily confuse $ spent in investments with $ spent in entertainment. bs.gif
TheCabinetmaker
A 914 is not an investment. It is food for the soul. biggrin.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(vsg914 @ May 21 2004, 12:47 PM)
A 914 is not an investment. It is food for the soul. biggrin.gif

bs.gif
I'll try to rremember that when I'm puttin' in OT to pay for this shit at that souless outfit I work for.
Hi_Fi_Guy
It is really easy to put $40k+ into a 914.

Ask me how I know beerchug.gif

I know of a few 914-6s that have well over $65k invested.
TheCabinetmaker
JP, maybe ya need a new job? smile.gif
914werke
Isnt that one of those BBR conversions?
type47
schweeeeeeettttttttttttttt! barf.gif
CaliWRX
again, another exciting day at the office and this is what i found
the $44,000 914
it looks like it might be gold plated

there has to be a point where it just isn't a 914 anymore.

That is like 10 minutes away from me max.

Should I go on a reconnaissance mission?
TheCabinetmaker
Yes, with a camera and a big screwdriver. laugh.gif

Just kidding. leave the screwdriver at home.
Chris H.
I think the British guy with the kevlar-bodied blown v-8 might 914 be the guy with the most $$$ in his ride. That thing is unbelievable.
Joe Bob
Oh please shoot me..... headbang.gif
neo914-6
"Money spent" is relative to how much you are willing to spend which may explain the question of why you would spend that much and what you ultimately wanted to accomplish.

Completely restoring a basic car can easily exceed $30k over the price of the car. (~1/3 body & paint, 1/3 engine, and 1/3 parts). Multiply that with a car that's rare or high market. Modifying it can add that much too. Look at how much is spent at custom shop rods with the crew labor, designers, project managers, and fabricators.

What you want to accomplish can vary. Some get a car and start a little work here and a little work there and voila, 15-20 years later you spent tens of thousands of dollars. Then factor in your what your time is worth...
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mikez @ May 21 2004, 05:43 PM)

BANG!

wink.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(mikez @ May 21 2004, 05:43 PM)

mike glad to see the avatar is back. you should most more threads just so we can look. cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.