Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partwerks caution
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lmcchesney
sad.gif Unfortunate I have to do this. Part Werks of Chicago placed an item on evilbay. The winning bid was X amount. On their listing is an additional $0.60 delivery confirmation fee and a link to calculate your shipping. Total of $Y. Paid by paypal. Checked the paypal charge later to find the charge was greater than $Y. Contacted Partwerks an spoke with "John who is incharge of shipping." Discussed the varience and agreed to credit me the difference. 10 days later, no action. Contacted "Mike who is in charge" and and agian confirmed the difference. Gave me the feeling that due to the small amount of difference it was rude of me to bring this up. Still no resolution.
Bottom line: Watch your charges and invoice from Part Werks of Chicago. mad.gif
tat2dphreak
this is my advice for partwerks: don't use them, they are bastards! worse than AA!!

BTDT!
GaroldShaffer
Not to Bash but.......

They do have a rep for being, Umm, Bad at least with the guys I know that have delt with them in the past.
Part Pricer
Total of $Y. Paid by paypal. Checked the paypal charge later to find the charge was greater than $Y

I'm confused. unsure.gif

How did that happen? I know when I authorize a PayPal payment, I have to be specific regarding how much I'm sending the vendor. How did they charge you more than you were willing to pay? unsure.gif
lmcchesney
Pitfall of instant pay. I calculated the $X + $.60 + Shipping and came up with $Y. Agreed payment via instant paypal payment. I could not believe they would generate a different invoice than what is the total of their defined parts.
Yes, I am guility of trusting them. cool_shades.gif
Martin Baker
Their feedback says enough for me...stay clear.
TheCabinetmaker
How does that differ from regular paypal? Do you not have to enter an amount to pay?
lmcchesney
Recieved a call from Jay today. He said that the difference has been refunded to my paypal account and confirmed. Issue resolved.
gregrobbins
I agree, stay away from PartWerks. I won two of their auctions on eBay. Paid them right away, but never got the parts. Four emails, and four phone calls later, still no parts.

Now I won't bid on anything until checking feedback.sad.gif
newdeal2
I had a smilar experience. I ordered 2 parts on eBay. One arrived [a filter] the other [a front spoiler] never did. I chased them for 2 weeks and finally disputed the charge with PayPal who refunded my money after another 10 days.

1 week later...the spoiler arrived damaged.

Hmmm...what to do wink.gif
gregrobbins
Happy Day, another benefit of being a part of the 914Club. Someone from Part Werks must read the postings. Two working days after posting my comment, the missing parts were shipped. They arrived in good condition. clap56.gif
Rusty
I've heard lots of complaints about PartsWerks, but I never had any personal experience.

Assuming that the trend of complaints are valid - at some point they're going to piss off the wrong Joe. Then he'll show up at their front door with a .357 bright and early Monday morning.

I *know* people who don't believe in arbitration through Paypal, small-claims court, etc. Steal from them, and they come hunt you down.

Payback's a bitch sometimes.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Andyrew
Ya know Rusty.. I have concluded that that "smoking" smiley works with any and every single post you have posted. I mean, there is No wrong way for you to use that smiley! And I dont think I've seen a post by you that has not had it in it.

Just complimenting you on your good smiley choices!

Andrew
Allan
Man what a bummer. I just saw this after I bid on a center console from part werks. Now I hope I don't win.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.