Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help From Germany
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Curvie Roadlover
I just got a German EU license plate off of e-bay. It's very nice but it's too wide to fit between the bumperettes on the front bumper. How do you mount them in Germany? Anyone?
Curvie Roadlover
??
Mueller
american cars come with the "tit's".....even today it is still the same....the EU cars look much better smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ May 21 2004, 02:15 PM)
I just got a German EU license plate off of e-bay. It's very nice but it's too wide to fit between the bumperettes on the front bumper. How do you mount them in Germany? Anyone?

sorry, but that ain't no real license-plate <_<

the real LP's start with 1,2 or 3 letters indicating the city,
followed by a random set of letters
followed by a randon set of numbers.

they come in 2 sizes:
IPB Image
520 * 110 mm

and:
IPB Image
340 * 200 mm

oh, and btw. european cars don't have tits!
rolleyes.gif Andy
MarkV
sawzall-smiley.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Well I knew it wasn't real. rolleyes.gif I ordered it custom to to say what it says from the seller. Isn't it true that Stuttgart cars plates begin with "S"?
Are the tits molded on the bumper or bolted on? I tried to wiggle them and they're on solid. I couldn't reach my hand up far enough behind them to feel for a bolt. Anybody ever taken the tits off before?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ May 21 2004, 02:42 PM)
Well I knew it wasn't real. rolleyes.gif I ordered it custom to to say what it says from the seller. Isn't it true that Stuttgart cars plates begin with "S"?
Are the tits molded on the bumper or bolted on? I tried to wiggle them and they're on solid. I couldn't reach my hand up far enough behind them to feel for a bolt. Anybody ever taken the tits off before?

yes, the "S" stands for Stuttgart ...

and yes again, AFAIK the tits are bolted on ...

Andy
Curvie Roadlover
Thanks, RG*

* Resident German
Curvie Roadlover
Tits are off, plate is on. Slapped some Por 15 on the bumper while I had it off, too.
ein 6er
looks good tom!!

how do the euro guys mount their plates? is there a correct front plate mount for the german plates?

here's mine.
Curvie Roadlover
Thanks, Eric. Yours too. Nice "action" shot.
thesey914
My 914 has a mounting bracket to fit the longer plates -on the front bumper .The rear is not a problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.