Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: car insurance revisited!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
does anyone have experience with:

http://www.americancollectorsins.com/

??? their rates seem MUCH better than the $900 i pay right now (per year).
idea.gif Andy
anthony
All of the collector car policies require you to have primary insurance on another car that is your daily driver.
SirAndy
QUOTE(anthony @ May 21 2004, 02:27 PM)
All of the collector car policies require you to have primary insurance on another car that is your daily driver.

that's what i have the jeep for wink.gif
anthony
Go for it then if you can meet all the other restrictions. I pay $86 for Hagerty's Insurance.
SirAndy
QUOTE(anthony @ May 21 2004, 04:38 PM)
Go for it then if you can meet all the other restrictions. I pay $86 for Hagerty's Insurance.

do they accept a custom value for your car in case it's a total loss?

Andy
anthony
I told them how much I thought it was worth ($6500 two years ago) and they said ok. The primary restrictions are that it must be garaged and driven low miles (typically less than 3000 per year) and not used as a commuter.
Red-Beard
I pay $300 for my 914/6 and my 911 SC, but together the agreed value is around $45,000.

Hagerty.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Red-Beard @ May 21 2004, 09:44 PM)
I pay $300 for my 914/6 and my 911 SC, but together the agreed value is around $45,000.

Hagerty.

what insurance comp are you using?
Curvie Roadlover
American Collectors is who I have. I pay about $150 a year for $9000 coverage no deductable and I have a clause that allows 5000 miles a year. Never had to make a claim though, so I don't know how they'd be in that situation. As far as the value of the car goes, They asked what I thought it was worth and requested a pic. I sent them a pic, and told them what I thought it was worth and they said OK.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.