Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Went to Ghost's house with 5 cylinders...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Korijo
Picked up my 2.7L /6 today. Bob O (914Ghost) is a SOOPER nice guy. Glad to have finally met him beerchug.gif .

Bob, what year is the motor ??
Korijo
Korijo
boob's ghost....
JmuRiz
Kick @$$, that car's gonna be hot. BTW the van looks good, and getting a workout too ;-)
Korijo
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 21 2004, 08:13 PM)
Kick @$$, that car's gonna be hot. BTW the van looks good, and getting a workout too ;-)

yea... they used the lift to get it in the van. too funny laugh.gif
914ghost
DAVE!
Kick ass, was VERY nice to meet you too and the Wife. And THE VAN.
Sorry about the mess, the yard sale was a frenzy.
The engine is from a 77' , I was *told* it's a 7R which would be the good-er NagMesium case- but never found the stamp on the engine that verified that.
It had about 100K miles on it, chain tensioners upgraded long ago, and head studs too I think -and from what I saw inderneath it didn't have the giant bulky THERMO REACTORS. Or whatever. It's just possible the pictures i've seen don't look like the ones on that engine.
Anyhow, as good start as any.
And I'll stay in touch about the puppy- my sister has first dibs on her- we'll see.
hope to see you guys soon- as soon as school's out I'll come over and see whats up!
Bob O
Korijo
Aaww..... KARMA (pup's name) is soooo cute wub.gif

Thanks again, Bob smilie_pokal.gif
rhodyguy
good to see you out of the chair dave. you look like you're feeling stronger.

kevin
rick 918-S
Great to see you Dave!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Korijo
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 21 2004, 09:46 PM)
good to see you out of the chair dave. you look like you're feeling stronger.

kevin

didnt have room for my chair biggrin.gif

feel good most days smoke.gif
Korijo
901 106 101 5R on the shroud, with 11 blade fan (not 5).

Shows "built for model year 75" on fan/shroud clamp. means what ?

What do I got ?
Korijo
Korijo
Korijo
last one
736conver
Whats the 911/-- number on case just right of the fan shroud. Its usually pretty greasy in there. There's a serial number down there too. Both can be used to decode what kind of engine.
Dr Evil
Ya, I had the oppertunity to deal with Bob. He's a standup guy. Its nice to see a pic of his car.

Korijo,
You may just have a 5r case with a regular 2.7. If the head studs are in good shape you are in luck.
Korijo
6450574 serial number ??

no 911 number yet...
736conver
What ya got there is a 1975 engine with about 150 HP.
736conver
I was also going to add. The part number 901 106 101 5R Is just for the fan. It doesn't apply to the case.
The case numbers would be more like
914ghost
Dave-
The Fan/Alternator were upgraded too at some point. I *think* his Targa is a 77'- which is what it came out of. It's possible I got it wrong and it's a 75'.
Original engine for his car either way.
Kepp us posted on your progress!
-Bob O
Korijo
got to wub.gif pneumatic tools
Korijo
Eric_Shea
Awesome Dave,

The case number is on the bottom of the case by the two oil return tubes (they look like pushrod tubes). 7R's are nice and strong with extra material around the spigots.

You do have to look out for head stud issues with that engine. Hopefully they fixed them previously. Nikasil cylinders can expand at a rate greater than the original steel studs. Looks like there's been improvements (pressure fed tensioners)

Good luck with it...
914ghost
Kick Ass!
When they're done, send em' back over here- I need some help adding sway bars to my car! Can that lil' guy run a welder? welder.gif
mueba.gif No doubt better than me!
Bob O
Dr Evil
Hey Dave,
Do you already have the conversion stuff? I'm in the process wit hthe same engine...I'd race you to completion, but I would probably loose. smilie_flagge24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.