Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yes it's me again "it never ends"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
Driving today with my top off enjoying the weather, my foot slipped off the clutch as I was taking off in first gear, heard some grinding and the car wouldn't move. I looked under the car, the axle is moving but the wheel is not. it feels loose on the wheel end of the axle. I am about to tow the car to get it home.

I am thinking>:
stripped end of the CV joint, ( how possible is that?)
Stripped joint on the control arm or loose bolt that caused the axle to be pushed back.

I will pull the wheel and report back sometimes this week..
headbang.gif headbang.gif
Wish me luck!
Mike Bellis
You broke your CV most likely. The cage that holds the balls. pull it and see...
Tom_T
A tip Paul ..... keep your foot on the clutch until gear fully engaged! poke.gif biggrin.gif

Sorry to hear that - sounds like you may have racked the CV, but it must've been weak already to have gone in that circumstance IMHO, so you probably just stress tested a bad part anyway that could've grounded you further from home otherwise. huh.gif
914itis
QUOTE(esses62 @ May 1 2011, 06:14 PM) *

did you re-use your old cv washers (schnoor?)when you reinstalled them? I think they are one time use only. Sorry Paul but you know you love it piratenanner.gif

I never removed the wheel endnof the axle. And what washer?
AndyB
Dont feel bad Paul I am chasing electrical gremlins dry.gif
914itis
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ May 1 2011, 06:49 PM) *

I wish I was closer to you, I am not bad at electrical diagnose, and thanks for the master. I did not receive it yet, thinking in the morning. I trully appreciate it.
914itis
Did I say that I ill look at it later this week? well you know how it is....

Well it wasn't too bad, all the bolts just came loose, on the Weel side. I guest someone did not screw them properly " PO? " 3 bolts are good and one ois bad as shown in the picture..I giest that was the last one holding it. anyone have one or two for me? or do I have to contact the birds? Hope they are not NLA's.
Spoke
Dr Evil sells these bolts with holes so you can put safety wires in them so they don't come loose.
914itis
QUOTE(Spoke @ May 1 2011, 10:31 PM) *

Dr Evil sells these bolts with holes so you can put safety wires in them so they don't come loose.

Thanks, i guest that this is a common issue.
rick 918-S
Properly torqued I have never had them come loose. I busted CV joints b4 though...
ChrisFoley
I have some new bolts Paul.
I agree with Rick, with good washers and proper torque, they don't need to be safety wired.
914itis
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ May 2 2011, 09:58 AM) *

I have some new bolts Paul.
I agree with Rick, with good washers and proper torque, they don't need to be safety wired.

Thanks Chris PM me payment and shipping info, I will paypal you. I would take 4 of them.
TheCabinetmaker
Looks like your missing a roll pin too.
AndyB
QUOTE(ppetion @ May 1 2011, 09:44 PM) *

I wish I was closer to you, I am not bad at electrical diagnose, and thanks for the master. I did not receive it yet, thinking in the morning. I trully appreciate it.

Not a big deal Paul. I would be surprised if it got there that fast.
914itis
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ May 2 2011, 04:19 PM) *

QUOTE(ppetion @ May 1 2011, 09:44 PM) *

Not a big deal Paul. I would be surprised if it got there that fast.

Actually, I think it did. They told me that I have a package at the office.
AndyB
piratenanner.gif And your not there yet WTF.gif
914itis
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ May 2 2011, 04:27 PM) *

LOL I was at dmv with my friend as she was getting her tag for her teener.
AndyB
QUOTE(ppetion @ May 2 2011, 05:34 PM) *

Is that why we are STILL waiting on pics?
914itis
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ May 2 2011, 05:37 PM) *

QUOTE(ppetion @ May 2 2011, 05:34 PM) *

Is that why we are STILL waiting on pics?

Yes we couldn't get itregistered Friday to pick it up because the insurance company wouldn't issue the policy for the same day. We had to wait 24 hours wich was Saturday
AndyB
Is it registered now? And still no Pics confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.