Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another charity auction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JWest
Shifter Auction
JWest
Is it clear enough that Dave gets the shifter and the money and the winner gets to the head of the waiting list?

If not can you help me make it more clear?
jtf914
Interesting, look who your first bidder is. I guess WEVO wants a closer look.
TMorr
QUOTE(Justin Fischer @ Apr 16 2003, 08:49 AM)
Interesting, look who your first bidder is.  I guess WEVO wants a closer look.

Actually we are more interested in helping Dave.

Tracey

Windrush Evolutions Inc.
Brad Roberts
Oh.. Smackdown.

They know about the SSI swap meet (charity event). They where invited to showcase their product during the event.

B
jtf914
QUOTE(TMorr @ Apr 16 2003, 12:05 PM)
Actually we are more interested in helping Dave.

Tracey

Windrush Evolutions Inc.

I wasn't saying your intentions aren't good, I was just commenting on what you were bidding on. I think everyone here wants to help Dave
beerchug.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(James Adams @ Apr 16 2003, 05:13 PM)
Is it clear enough that Dave gets the shifter and the money and the winner gets to the head of the waiting list?

If not can you help me make it more clear?

Maybe you can make that more clear on the ebay ad
I didn't get that part (untill I just re-read it)

cheers,

Jeroen
Dave Cawdrey
James,
Simply amazing... pray.gif I cannot believe the support.
It took me 2 times to fully understand the terms. Then again, it is there. More than I can say for most auctions.
Thanks again for the support.
JWest
I edited it - I hope it is more clear now.
Jeroen
excellent!

cheers,

Jeroen
Mueller
I don't think WEVO is worried or has to get their hands on a shifter from James, two totally different markets.

I'm selling my Needle Bearings thru a company selling another style non-rubber/plastic bushing for half of my $400 selling price.

Am I bothered? Nope, different market and I think it's good to have more than one choice. Now I could go on about why mine is better
(IMHO and due to some facts which could be biased in my favor smile.gif ) but I don't see the need. The maker of the other bushings knows who I am and has seen the product, he too agrees that we are after a different market and we see no need to start criticizing each others products (in public, LOL)

I just don't want to see people here starting to jump to conclusions or thinking that a product is better or worse due to price (things like overhead and all that other business cr@p can have huge effects on price or even if the part will be brought to market)

James, you might want to email the bidders to ensure they "really" understand the auction, it couldn't hurt.
Aaron Cox
Interesting......mucho interesante! never seen an auction to give "a place in line".....hmmmm. good intentions! cool how korijo gets the moola and the shifter!

way to go ! mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(acox914 @ Apr 16 2003, 01:12 PM)
Interesting......mucho interesante! never seen an auction to give "a place in line".....hmmmm. good intentions! cool how korijo gets the moola and the shifter!

way to go ! mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

Its a good thing, about the $$$. The Fuckin medicare denied the claim, again. Looks like the donations are primarilly going to the chair.
What would I do w/out you guys pray.gif
JWest
Good idea Mike, I did e-mail them. Yeah, I really want to avoid getting involved in even talking about other people's similar products. There was a question about WEVO in the thread about my shifter and I did a little comparison (in my favor of course), but I later stated that mine and WEVO's address the problem with the stock shifter.

I think they address a different market if only by price, and if I do deal with WEVO I hope to make it on good terms.

I don't know if this is really a legal auction, but Dave wanted a shifter and I could not take his money. I saw how well the t-shirt for $400 auction was going so I figured this might work.
JWest
C'mom guys! You don't HAVE to buy the shifter from me too, just get the shifter and money for Dave. I know some of you bid up the T-shirt to over $400, get over and bid this one up, too!
rick 918-S
I like that shifter! Dave's gonna love it! you want to race? driving.gif MDB2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.