Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 16 X 6 Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
While hunting for 15 X 6 deep Fuchs wheels, it seems that 16 X 6 are easier to come by. Do the 16" ones also come in two types? Deep Dish or Pan? Or are all the 16" the deep style?

Does anyone have a pic of their 914 with 16 X 6 wheels? I don't want anything that looks monster like or too macho.

Thomas
campbellcj
Zois has had at least one or two sixes with sixes recently. I'm sure there are pics but not sure where.

The 16x6 Fuchs only came in one basic style/offset, I believe. Compared to the 15x6's they would be the "shallow" type.

They do fit nicely and look great...
736conver
Here's a link from the bird board that I had bookmarked awhile ago. It shows the transformation to 16's.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....&threadid=79984
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(thomasotten @ May 21 2004, 09:16 PM)
Do the 16" ones also come in two types?

here a Really Good Site of Porsche wheel specs. weights, ET's, part numbers - all that.

good thing to have bookmarked ...
scottb
here's a pic of mine with 16x6's. i think they fill up the wheel well nicely....
JWest
There is only one type of 16x6 Fuchs. They run about $100 each for nice looking ones.

The really nice thing about them is that you can use 205/55/16 tires which are very close to the same diameter as the original 914 tires. This size is used on a bunch of newer cars, so a large selection of modern tires are available.

You can also run 205/50 or 205/45 if you want to gear it down a little.
Demick
Here's mine. 6x16 with 205/55-16

Maintains stock overall diameter which sure is nice on the freeway.

Demick
thomasotten
Demick:

Looks awesome. Can you recommend a tire brand/model that looks sporty yet not too pricey?
ein 6er
there are early and late 16 in. fuchs, but they both have the same part #. the differences are subtle. here is a link to a post on PP. the guy documents the differences.

this is mine with 16x6, with, i think, 205/55. the rears don't fit my stock fenders. they were scraping the lips.
Mueller
Can you recommend a tire brand/model that looks sporty yet not too pricey?

looks sporty????? confused24.gif

tirerack.com, type in the size tire and you can do some comparisons....don't buy tires on "looks" alone, there are some really cheap tires out there that are making "sporty look'n" tires, but are crap.........

Kuhmo 712's are a decent tire for the price, I'm looking at getting my 3rd set (running these on the family Volvo and the 911 right now)
RAR
So the 16x6's do fit with a low profile tire. Always thought they would. Socked away five brand new ones many years ago. Thanks for the info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.