Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake line question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boiledcabbage
Question: replacing the brake caliper on the pass rear side resulted in me breaking the hard brake line near the caliper - should this be replaced with another hard line? Or can I use an off the shelf flex line ie braided?
Krank
Probably pretty tough to find an exact fit flex line with bubble flare ends. Stick to the way the car was made. If you can't find the proper lines, ask around, maybe someone has a bubble flaring tool you can "borrow". It is really not that hard to do.
Eric_Shea
I'm having new hard lines made up. They should be ready in a few weeks.
ldsgeek
http://www.austinhealeywood.com/brakelines.html has cunifer line kits, rust-proof and easier fit bend to fit than either plain steel or stainless. The kit for the 914 is $135 and includes all hard lines. This is how I am going to do mine, once and done til the car rusts away.
Eric_Shea
he kit for the 914 is $135 and includes all hard lines.

Or you can just buy the 3/16" copper and all the bits from www.Mcmaster.com for 1/2 that. wink.gif
jaxdream
Would copper hold the line pressure ??? Been partial to steel lines for a while , a little tuffer to work with , but secure in the pressure area . My $.02 .......

Jack / Jaxdream
Eric_Shea
about 2000 PSI
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 1 2011, 11:19 PM) *

I'm having new hard lines made up. They should be ready in a few weeks.

REALLY?!? What finish? You know I want them....
Eric_Shea
Stainless. wink.gif
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(ldsgeek @ May 2 2011, 05:22 AM) *

http://www.austinhealeywood.com/brakelines.html has cunifer line kits, rust-proof and easier fit bend to fit than either plain steel or stainless. The kit for the 914 is $135 and includes all hard lines. This is how I am going to do mine, once and done til the car rusts away.

I used these on my GT clone they are very nice. Fit well and easy to bend. I'm sure the lines from Eric will be just as nice but weren't available when I needed them.
Eric_Shea
but weren't available when I needed them

They still aren't lol3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.