Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blower control gaskets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Strudelwagon
I wondering if anyone out there is making the foam type seals for the blower control under the windshield area. Mine have disintergrated and they look like HD 2.5 " foam gaskets sandwiched between two metal discs (like flapper valves)

seen any???
pilothyer
I have seen the new ones and they looked so cheezy I decided to make my own out of leather and another out of rubber (old tire tube) either way works perfectly. after you do this, of course check operation before you put the box back. They only pass cool air so drying out should not be a problem. Mine have been in operation for years......
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(pilothyer @ May 2 2011, 07:41 AM) *

I have seen the new ones and they looked so cheezy I decided to make my own out of leather and another out of rubber (old tire tube) either way works perfectly. after you do this, of course check operation before you put the box back. They only pass cool air so drying out should not be a problem. Mine have been in operation for years......

Cool,I'm looking at making them out of HD closed cell foam. Hey, maybe there is a business oppurtunity. Obscure Porsche part. com

Thanks
SW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.